ok heres my prob: whenever i recieve a text message it says for example: Greg ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

peanut no está en línea Stack level 1

SMS problem with contacts

Advertisement

ok heres my prob:

whenever i recieve a text message it says for example:
    Greg Cell "subject here"
    Paul Cell "subject here"
    Nick Cell "subject here"

HOWEVER for my girlfriend whos IS in my contact list it says:

+14972531550 "subject here" (no thats no her real number)

its really annoying that it doesnt say:

Vanessa's Cell "Subject here"

the only thing i THINK this is happening is because she is on myFavs list. But i dont understand how that would cause a problem.

Anyone else having the problem?

blbeach no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask me

Re: SMS problem with contacts

Is she in your address book with that phone nunber?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

peanut, welcome to PinStack,

I've heard that MyFaves does cause problems with the Pearl and Contact sync for some people, it may be also causing this.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Try to put here name in your address book without the area code, and with the area code, see if either one changes the way you get the text.

GadgetProne no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask

If she is using nextel or metro pcs it is always formatted that way! Its nothing that you can control!

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Have you tried to receive texts from others on your MyFav list? What carrier are these people on, maybe gadget has a point.

X Factor no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204AEE68

Yeah I made the very same complaint a few days ago, seems like MyFaves is for sure bugged. We should both call and complain and make sure that T-Mobile is aware of it so they can get it fixed for us.

peanut no está en línea Stack level 1

shes using verizon, i havnt tried with anyone else on myFavs since its all my family and they are old people who dont know how to TXT lol... but ill try it tonight on my dads phone

ANOTHER problem related to myfavs is if i make an excpetion under ring profiles, everyone i add to the exception who calls rings properly, EXCEPT people in myFavs. I have to create a seperate exception with that specific person for it to ring with the song i want.

windexh8er no está en línea Stack level 1

I have the exact same problem. Anyone in myFaves who I SMS comes back as the numeric. I'm going to call TMobile on my way home from work and complain...

All of the users I have issue with are Sprint users that the contact list sync worked properly before. I tried changing the address book to match exactly as it comes in now (i.e. +12223334444) to no avail. It's borked. I get an error in the log when the SMS comes in (to check hold down Alt and type L-G-L-G to bring up the menu).

snapski no está en línea Stack level 1

I have a customer with 5 brand new Pearl's on Vodafone in the UK. All of them are having the same problem, which is this:

ANY number stored in contacts, regardless of format entered (eg. 07*** ****** or +447*** ******) will show up when the unit is CALLED, but only those numbers entered with the international prefix (+44) will show the contact name when a text (SMS) is recieved.

I have tested this myself, and as far as i can tell, it has nothing to do with MyFav's either. I remember this used to happen with really old GSM phones... but havent seen this for years.

Very annoying, as the customer has synced the units with Outlook, and have 100's of contacts all with differing prefixes.

Anyone know if there will be a software update to reslove this issue?

eyebeebe no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by snapski
    I have a customer with 5 brand new Pearl's on Vodafone in the UK. All of them are having the same problem, which is this:

ANY number stored in contacts, regardless of format entered (eg. 07*** ****** or +447*** ******) will show up when the unit is CALLED, but only those numbers entered with the international prefix (+44) will show the contact name when a text (SMS) is recieved.

I have tested this myself, and as far as i can tell, it has nothing to do with MyFav's either. I remember this used to happen with really old GSM phones... but havent seen this for years.

Very annoying, as the customer has synced the units with Outlook, and have 100's of contacts all with differing prefixes.

Anyone know if there will be a software update to reslove this issue?
    Hi there have a look at my post in the following thread for a fix

[FONT=Arial]blackberryforums.pinstack.com/9222-new_blackberry_user.html[/FONT]

(Sorry can't post the URL)

I don't know if it will help for US phones, although there is an area code field as well as international field.

I think it is a poor customisation job by the carriers rather than a RIM problem. I called O2 to find out how to sort it and they directed me to RIM, who were closed so I trawled the net to find the answer.

PIN/ID
    204AEE68

I don't think this will work for MyFaves users. I may be wrong, but my phone is already set to +1 (as it should), and this was never a problem for me until I got a plan with MyFaves.
    My music is so loud, i'm swinging.

PIN/ID
    204AEE68

Yeah, just to verify, I spent 45 minutes on the phone with tmo reps, it is a known problem and they are working on a fix, but at this time they don't even really know why it happens, only that the MyFaves contacts somehow overwrite your address contacts when they shouldn't (concerning text messages.)

So for now we just gotta deal with it.
    My music is so loud, i'm swinging.

enix no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204CA36F

TMO told me its a bug in the OS of the Black berry when u set the fave 5 it removes it off the contact list so the number shows they are working on a fix they told me to keep looking at t-mobile.com/bbupgrade/ or the new OS it should be out soon they told me