Hi I've just got the Blackberry Pearl today and even though all of my contacts ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

acquiesce no está en línea Stack level 1

SMS problem

Advertisement

Hi

I've just got the Blackberry Pearl today and even though all of my contacts are added correctly, when I receive a text message from one of them it comes up with their number and not their name. Does anyone know how I can change this or will it always be the number and not senders name that appears?

Thanks in advance

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: SMS problem

Welcome to the Stacks Acquiesce. Open your phone app, click to Options/Smart Dialing, if the Country Code is set to +1, try changing it to unknown and save, if it's set to unknown, try setting it to +1 (I actually forget which is the standard, but this should fix this issue for you).

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

nsarpong no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23DF23E9

well, for me. if the person has nextel, it has their name, their phone number, then their message. however everyone else, it has their name, then their message. this is when i'm in the messages app and i have all of the messages in a list. you can't tell the difference when you actually open a message. but it's no biggie, still can get the messages.

Syrus no está en línea Stack level 1

posted this in a different post but i got the same problem, but cant seem to find smart dialing in the options menu.. i got the o2 uk firmware on it so thinkin it might be that..

superdad no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by Syrus
    posted this in a different post but i got the same problem, but cant seem to find smart dialing in the options menu.. i got the o2 uk firmware on it so thinkin it might be that..
    u wont find it in the regular options menu. go to the phone app(press the green phone key) in the call log screen press menu.. u'll find options there. chk that out.

kendrick87 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    216413F3

Quote Originally Posted by nsarpong
    well, for me. if the person has nextel, it has their name, their phone number, then their message. however everyone else, it has their name, then their message. this is when i'm in the messages app and i have all of the messages in a list. you can't tell the difference when you actually open a message. but it's no biggie, still can get the messages.
    Nextel is the problem. Their SMS service is screwy! It'd talk them into switching to a GSM carrier (TMo or Cingy)