ok i need some help here =) just found out that my blackberry data plan ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

psixfour no está en línea Stack level 1

sms messaging from my blackberry

Advertisement

ok i need some help here =)

just found out that my blackberry data plan wont work with my current plan i have, but it isnt a huge deal to me as my plan includes unlimited text messages. problem is, when i use sms messaging from my blackberry pearl, it isnt allowing me to select a email address to send a text message. is there a workaround for this?? i can send txt messages to emails all day long from my verizon flip... so i know sms DOES work with emails... for some reason though my blackberry is being stubborn, taking numbers only. little help please?

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Re: sms messaging from my blackberry

Actually, SMS only works with mobile phone numbers. When you send messages thru VZW to an email address, its showing up at that person's email address, not their phone. (Unless their phone is a BB and they get the message pushed to it, but thats a different topic).

What do you mean when you say your BDP won't work with your current plan? Data plans are add ons to voice plans. There aren't any carriers that I know of that have compatibility issues with their voice plans.

Welcome to the Stacks.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.