I just got my new pearl. and i used to have the old 8100 and ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

dsw274 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask

sms message (callback number removale) how?

I just got my new pearl. and i used to have the old 8100 and now i see they changed the backlight colors. and stuff, i see that there is only 1 light on the trackball. is that also the case for the led light (notification indicated) thats the light on the top that blinks red when you have a text or green when its fully charged. well in the 8100 it had the option of turning purple and blue , is that still the case, .

my real question is whenever i get a text from smoeone is says for examle

John Doe (Mobile)
    Call back number:John Doe (Mobile)

IN EVER SINGLE INCOMING TEXT ITS IS LISTED LIKE THAT PLEASE HELP ME??

MY 8100 DIDNT DO THAT. WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?>

i would like to take away the "Call back number:John Doe (mobile)" portion . its useless.
    Last edited by dsw274; 12-23-2008 at 04:17 PM.

eazid no está en línea Stack level 4
    I believe you can't. The callback number is just something that appears if you get an SMS by someone with the same wireless provider.

Correct me if I'm wrong. I'm with Verizon and the only SMS messages with call back info are from other VZW customers.
    "Who Dares Wins"

PIN/ID
    Ask
    your right but it doesnt happen untill the person from verizon is saved in my address book.

and what the hell is th point of that. ??

i can see whom ever called or sms me no matter who's network there on its so god damn anoying to deal with that extra "call back number " bs

its just reapeating itself.

with telling me who sent the sms on top and again after ever singe god damn message..
    =

i had att and this did not happen ever

EVER

WHAT THE F???

resq330 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Actually, you can remove it. Under options>SMS. Just delete your callback number. But, the problem is, every time you reboot or do a battery pull it seems to come back.

PIN/ID
    Ask
    What are you talking about, i see the sms callback number in options, but if played around with it alot and nothign happends??????

Now that i messed with it, ever1 from my area code has no callback number
    but people with verizon on a dif area code other then 516 have the callback number

how can i get rid of it?

resq330 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by dsw274 View Post
    What are you talking about, i see the sms callback number in options, but if played around with it alot and nothign happends??????

Now that i messed with it, ever1 from my area code has no callback number
    but people with verizon on a dif area code other then 516 have the callback number

how can i get rid of it?

If your going to PM someone, you should set yours up to allow PM back.

Anyway, what I told you was about all I know. I don't think I have the answer you are looking for. Sorry.

hyphen no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30BCDAA6
    dsw- ok the options sms thingy is the info you send out so erase yours then tell everone you text to do the samething that should fix your issue.... or just tell john doe to erase his call back #

resq- wats ?!?!? how does sms = PM messages?
    ~via BB