ok i dont know if anyone can help me but im going crazy with this ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

srtdave no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2445f3de

sms lagging

Advertisement

ok i dont know if anyone can help me but im going crazy with this problem, when i try to send or reply to a sms i can type a paragraph before the first letter show up on my screen then all the sudden the whole text will appear please help...please

sn1p3r no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: sms lagging

Try pulling out the battery, your pearl need some rest too
    If that doesn't help go into options- status and see how much space is left on it

BTW Welcome to the stacks
    I'm french canadian so I can also help you in french, just PM me
    UNLESS it is for a BETA OS, it's at your own risk and I won't support it
    Sn1p3r

PIN/ID
    2445f3de

i have tried numerous pulls and nothing tried differant themes and nothing tried deleting all sms and email and nothing and i have a 2 gig memory card offering no help, im dumb founded i have modded several motorolas and i run a cellone store so this is making me look bad lol any other suggestions?

russcrypto no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I had this SMR problem before upgrading my OS from .71 to 1.66. After that, it went away completely.

Hope this helps

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

the only time this problem happens to me is when someone is "typing a message" to me in BB Messenger
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Run an app loader on the blackberry destop manager and remove all language and input supports that you do not use. This should free up some breathing room in the email/sms area of the OS. Also if it is a SW glitch the app loader will take care of the issue as well. Never underestimate the power of an app loader and P.S. if the app loader does not take 15-20 mins it was not done correctly.

PIN/ID
    2445f3de

ok so i figured out the solution and here it is i had a problem a lil while back with the messages deleting themeselves so in my sms settings i changed the setting for displaying previous text to 50, thinking it was the amount of messages left in the folder but then i realized that when i hit reply to a message it has to load the last 50 messages that me and that person has sent and recieved, so my text was lagging because the blackberry had to load 50 sms before it would let my text go through. so if this pops back up in a post you all have the solution

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

good lookin out
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!