how do i get rid of the notification on the sms when i get an ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Paiger850419 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2400E01C

Question sms, email notification?????????

Advertisement

how do i get rid of the notification on the sms when i get an email...i get the notification on both and its not a problem...it just kind of bugs me...

also does this charge for sms...i know that it doesnt but i just want to double check...?

ty in advance stackers!

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Re: sms, email notification?????????

If you mean that the notification icon for SMS has an indicator as well as your Messages icon, you can't change that. However, the both icons change as soon as you read it regardless of which icon you used to get to the message.

One way around the problem is to simply hide the SMS (and all those individual email icons), view all your emails, SMS, and MMS in Messages, and use a saved search if you need to display emails from only one email address or only SMS messages.
    JerryD

jtesnani no está en línea Stack level 3

i believe what paiger meant is that he/she is getting a text message every time she receives an email to tell her that she's receives an email. my friend's having the same problem with tmobile. she'll get a text message from 700 to let her know that she's received an email for an account she's set up for her pearl. anyone knows how to get rid of that notification? Thanks...

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Does this happen on all email accounts? Are you sure it's an SMS notification that you're receiving?

jtesnani no está en línea Stack level 3

yup it's definitely a text message coming from "700" and it's for a gmail account. that's the only account set up for the pearl

bluesongbyrd no está en línea Stack level 1

same here!

I'm getting the exact same issue, along with my husband. We have Blackberry Pearls and use Comcast as our ISP (Comcast could not address the issue, btw)

Brian80 no está en línea Stack level 3
    The email will goto your sms and your email everytime the only way to change that is to hide one of them but either way its still gonna goto both

RayZ no está en línea Stack level 5
    open your messages>options>general options>scroll to the bottom where it says,"SMS and E-Mail boxes>choose "separate". That will stop the notification.

LeandraCat no está en línea Stack level 1

I Think I Figured It Out!!!!

I have been getting these stupid SMS from 700 on my blackberry too!
    When I first got my phone I did not get them, but then something happened and I had to restore my phone and ever since then I was getting SMS messages notifying me that I had a new email in my Optonline account.

Well, this morning I think I finally figured it out....

If you go to your TMobile account website, scroll down to COMMUNICATION TOOLS....MESSAGING...MORE MESSAGING...MY EMAIL (I set up a blackberry email address and my optonline email too). When you click on MY EMAIL, scroll all the way down to the bottom and click on SET UP MY EMAIL. You come to a page that basically looks like your gmail/yahoo/optonline webmail inbox. On the left pane, click on ALERTS and MAKE SURE THERE ARE NO ALERTS SET UP to notify you when a new email arrives. I had an alert set up and I just deleted it. I hope this finally gets me rid of those stupid SMS messages!!!!

ernsalas no está en línea Stack level 3
    What i did was call tmobile and got the the blackberry guys and they walked me how to fix it, took 5 minutes and bam its fixed. wanna ask for pda support and then blackberry

Dwaine12 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Good Try
    if i may folks, i know why thats happening, if and when you set up your email in gmail, ( cause this happend to me) this is what i did, make sure that its just an email, you might have set it up to Alert you of an email, then of course you'll get a text "alerting you of an email, so what i did was simply turn of the Alert..then after that you should be fine....

newma014 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Does anyone know how to get rid of the SMS message alerts for incoming email on AT&T? The AT&T BlackBerry Internet setup website does not have any settings at all for alerts that I could edit.