Noticed two things this morning: 1.My network generated time was incorrect. It was off by ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

cipher916 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question SMS/Email/Browser changed from Multi-Tap to Suretype

Advertisement

Noticed two things this morning:
    1.My network generated time was incorrect. It was off by 3 minutes.
    I turned off the unit and turned it back on instead of a battery pull. The time corrected itself.
    2. My type changed back to the Suretype default. I’ve had it set on multi-tap since day one!
    Does anyone know why this happened?

BTW, I routinely perform battery pulls, delete applications to maximize space, and move “other” files to the microSD.
    My precious 8130 is turning into a high maintenance puppy.
    Last edited by cipher916; 06-30-2008 at 10:27 AM. Reason: Removed HTML

Valiantdust no está en línea Stack level 1
    Any recently installed apps? I noticed when I installed Windows Live Messenger that a bunch of programs switched from SureType (my default and preference) to multi right after I installed it.

As for the time issue, I'm guessing that your phone had dropped its' network connection, perhaps had frozen for some reason, then never reconnected to the network. When you turned off the phone and turned it on again, it connected to the network once again and updated the time.

AdamC no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    PM Me
    Sorry to take a tangent, but this really makes me wonder how many stackers here use the SureType with software, and who uses the AB style.
    Adam
    Tucson, AZ
    Sprint Tour 9630

Valiantdust no está en línea Stack level 1
    Good question. Personally I like SureType a lot, but it can be a pain sometimes when I have to enter something that isn't actually a word (like a password, for instance)...
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

firegeek no está en línea Stack level 3
    I thought that if you were in a password field it automatically went to multitap. Maybe that was just for me. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

AdamC no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    PM Me
    Yeah, at least on mine any time there is a password field, it switches to the multitap.
    Adam
    Tucson, AZ
    Sprint Tour 9630