HI, Does anyone know where the option is to show the name instead of the ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

mikepatty77 no está en línea Stack level 1

SMS Display Issues

Advertisement

HI,

Does anyone know where the option is to show the name instead of the full phone number when recieving text messages, I have the option set to display name but the number displays.

Any help would be apprectiated as the phone has just started doing this

Thanks

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7
    Quote Originally Posted by mikepatty77 View Post
    HI,

Does anyone know where the option is to show the name instead of the full phone number when recieving text messages, I have the option set to display name but the number displays.

Any help would be apprectiated as the phone has just started doing this

Thanks
    The option to display name is the option you are looking for under messages, options, general options. If you have that set correctly it should come up with the name assuming it is in your address book. If not try going to options, security options, and set the content protection to no, and the include address book to no. That should work. Hope it helps.

gritsinct no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I actually have content protection enabled at strongest setting but "No" to include address book and it works fine :-) ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

mikepatty77 no está en línea Stack level 1
    i have tried the suggestions mentioned but the display in all of my text messages still shows the full mobile number.

Anything else I can do or check as its bugging me know.

Thanks

jeeplimitedboy no está en línea Stack level 1
    ok i am haveing a problem with sms my blackberry keeps deleting my txt i will send them and they will stay in my in/outbox for like 15 secs and then they are gone and when i get txt it shows i have a txt then when i go to open it it is deleted ... can someone plzzzzz help me it is really starting to piss me off

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava
    Quote Originally Posted by jeeplimitedboy View Post
    ok i am haveing a problem with sms my blackberry keeps deleting my txt i will send them and they will stay in my in/outbox for like 15 secs and then they are gone and when i get txt it shows i have a txt then when i go to open it it is deleted ... can someone plzzzzz help me it is really starting to piss me off
    Sounds like you're low on memory. Check out this thread:
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...sappearing+sms