Kk I'm a noob what ya the difference between sms and mms? What is the ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

iamlee no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23DF5DC2

SMS and MMS?

Advertisement

Kk I'm a noob what ya the difference between sms and mms? What is the abbreviations and what is used for basic mobile to mobile texting?

rkkeller no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: SMS and MMS?

sms is text and mms is pictures. sms is used for texting, mms is used for sending pictures.

joe allen no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32b09853

does anyone think there will be a time when we can mms from the 87xx?
    Joe - 8703
    "Blackberryland is a much happier place than Palmville"

berrygrl87 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E21FD8

well also you can send audio in mms, but it has to be a small bit...cuz if you try to send a song it wont work, they will say the file is too big...but sms is for texting...you can use mms for texting too but usually ppl put pix, audio and files like that
    ImMa BBgRL!!!Lovin it every time!!JesUs Is MaH HoMeBoI!

xfiles997 no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~dont need to mms from 87**. Send as email. Just send to their mms addr. Tmobile mms addr is their mobile # area code first @tmomail.net
    Free if you hav bis/unl email. Sms and mms costs extra!

PIN/ID
    32b09853

Quote Originally Posted by xfiles997
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~dont need to mms from 87**. Send as email. Just send to their mms addr. Tmobile mms addr is their mobile # area code first @tmomail.net
    Free if you hav bis/unl email. Sms and mms costs extra!
    does the phone you send it to receive it as an mms? if not, then that phone would have to have email/data capabilities. that is my point. how to send an mms message from my blackberry to a cell phone

the biggest flaw in your solution is that i can't send attachments with email unless i am forwarding them from another source. i only have BIS
    Joe - 8703

JadedBerry no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    203B4165

Quote Originally Posted by joe allen
    does the phone you send it to receive it as an mms? if not, then that phone would have to have email/data capabilities. that is my point. how to send an mms message from my blackberry to a cell phone

the biggest flaw in your solution is that i can't send attachments with email unless i am forwarding them from another source. i only have BIS
    The 8700 does support MMS. I have one and I send MMS all the time. It's dependent on your carrier and your cell phone plan. If you don't have MMS capabilities on your cell phone plan, you can't MMS. To see if you have MMS allowed through your carrier, you can either call them, or you can check your service books. In my 8700 my service book for MMS looks like this: MMS Config [WAP]

Now, the only thing to remember is that the phone (especially regular cell phones) have to have picture messaging "capabilities". That's not to say that they have to be able to send MMS themselves, but the phone has to be able to recieve them. With Tmobile, if you don't have MMS service on your plan, you receive a SMS saying that you've received a picture message and please log into you mytmobilepictures.com with your password (included in the sms) to view it.

SMS- Short Message Service
    MMS- Mutimedia Message Service

To send MMS (easiest way in my opinion) is to open the picture you want to send then click the track wheel, scroll down to SEND AS MMS, it will bring your address book up, select the person/cell number you want to send it to, then click Send. You can watch it go in the Messages folder, or if you have a seperate folder for SMS/MMS messages (for instance if you're using the Zen Theme) you can watch it's departure from there.

Hope this helps..
    Jade
    One out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you.

Blondiexpl no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e9e043

mms are such a great and usefull thing. soo happy I can use it with the Locked T-mobile blackberry. Had the Unlocked motorola and didnt supposer mms. Thats whats bad about unlocked phones

PIN/ID
    32b09853

verizon doesn't even offer mms to blackberrys, so i guess its not going to happen for me.
    Joe - 8703