Hey Folks... I have a long-distance calling-card... is there a way that I can use ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

chiefe no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    204EF9B

Smart Dialing Calling Card

Advertisement

Hey Folks...

I have a long-distance calling-card... is there a way that I can use the long-distance calling-card (stored in my address book) and then dial other numbers from my address book without having to manually input the numbers?

Ciao!!
    Chiefe

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    You should be able to create a new entry in those contacts you normally dial using this card with the numbers in proper order separated by waits or pauses and get that to work correctly. Use the menu Button and select which you want, a wait or a Pause. That's how I have set up my dialing my company voice mail from the BB.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

chiefe no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    204EF9B
    Thanks rcbjr... Iwas trying to avoid that as I would have duplicate numbers and an oversize address book. Ideally what I was looking for was 1 entry for my LD-card then dual that number first yo initiate the LD-plan then have the ability to dial any long-distance number from my phonebook.

Ciao... Chiefe

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Actually you can have more than one number per contact. I have some with 4 or 5 and there is still space.

hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

west_rid_dad no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefe
    Thanks rcbjr... Iwas trying to avoid that as I would have duplicate numbers and an oversize address book. Ideally what I was looking for was 1 entry for my LD-card then dual that number first yo initiate the LD-plan then have the ability to dial any long-distance number from my phonebook.

Ciao... Chiefe
    Unfortunately, there is no way to create an address book entry that supports this. I've talked with both T-Mobile and BlackBerry support about this and they've confirmed this isn't possible.

starwatcher no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20542F84

Thumbs down Re: Smart Dialing Calling Card

It seems RIM really dropped the ball with this. I have never had a cell phone that did not allow you to do this. Really too bad.

funkym no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefe View Post
    Hey Folks...

I have a long-distance calling-card... is there a way that I can use the long-distance calling-card (stored in my address book) and then dial other numbers from my address book without having to manually input the numbers?

Ciao!!
    Chiefe

This is possible with the BerryDialer application. Works pretty good and saves me a lot of money on idd calls