What's up, Last night I spilled a little bit of soda on my blackberry pearl ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

alf07 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question small soda damage on my pearl...

Advertisement

What's up,
    Last night I spilled a little bit of soda on my blackberry pearl 8100. I tried drying it off as best as i could and it initially worked just fine. But then a few minutes later, the "phone" aspect of the blackberry stopped working: I am unable to hear anyone i call and they cannot hear me either. Also, "voice dialing" kept popping up whenever i tried using it. When I try and make a call, it shows me that speakerphone is on (but can't hear anything) and the "Full Menu" is missing a few links.

I wanted to ask if you guys think this is a software issue and if so, is there a way to reboot/restore the blackberry's software?

Thank you,
    Alfonso.

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925
    Probably not a sftwr. issue. Soda might be fusing circuits on board and causing a malfunction. Do you have insurance on you device via provider?

nahh, man. I don't think theres any warranty on this phone. i bought it from a rather dubious source. ..

As for the indicators: the one next to the mem card is completely white and the one on the bottom of the battery has a row of about 4 horizontal red X's on it.

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925
    You could always do what I do and do self-repair. Here's a link on taking your 8100 apart. The only thing you will need is some alcohol prep pads. (You can find these @ Wal-Mart pharmacy w/diabetic supplies. Next you wipe down circuit board/contacts with wipes. If you wish to try this, good luck!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...EYj84AKC7_njAw

Also check out this link: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ad.php?t=74367
    Last edited by Jbee; 05-23-2008 at 11:39 PM.

I'll see what's up.

Thanks!