Hi- I have a Blackberry Pearl that I need a Micro SD door/cover for. The ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

sanjomaz no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Small Parts Request - Micro SD Door

Advertisement

Hi-

I have a Blackberry Pearl that I need a Micro SD door/cover for.
    The little metal door that houses the SD card is kind of messed up, and I'd like to get a new one to replace the old one.
    Wondering if anyone has a source to purchase a new one, not sure if it is proprietary or not, but if a generic one will work, all the better.

Thanks in advance!

~MM

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Small Parts Request - Micro SD Door

I recently needed to replace the trackball on my 8800. In looking for parts I found a HUGE variance in pricing. For the trackball I found a high of $50 and a low of $12! Of course, you need to watch for the shipping charges too.

Anyway, here's some sites and what they're charging for a trackball:
    Cellular Nationwide Network - $11.99
    ProMobility - $30
    BlackBerry Repair Shop - $49.99
    Cellular Dr. - $39.95

I used Cellular Nationwide to get three trackballs and paid more for the FedEx 2 day shipping (which took EIGHT DAYS to make it to NYC from Hong Kong although they didn't PROCESS the order for 6 days!) than for the three trackballs. Had I used standard shipping, the whole thing would have cost less than one from BlackBerry Repair Shop, although I might still be waiting for it to arrive!
    Last edited by jdellasala; 02-26-2008 at 08:10 AM.
    JerryD

redtailfool no está en línea Stack level 1

i recently dropped my phone and i lost the latch door with spring .. if not for this thread i wouldnt have been able
    to find out that i can order a replacement from promobility for 5 bucks . thanks

sanjomaz no está en línea Stack level 1

Great! Glad you dropped your phone
    No, seriously, this board is a great resource.

I'm still having trouble tracking down a source for the Micro SD hinge/latch part.
    What I have sourced on the internet all seems to be for wholesale purchase in large quantities.
    If I have time this weekend, I may search at some of the (many) computer small-parts places here in San Jose.
    Thanks again for any suggestions.

~MM