Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I have the slim extended. Works great. Went out of town for the weekend last ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: Small or BIG extended battery?

Advertisement

I have the slim extended. Works great. Went out of town for the weekend last week and forgot the charger. I know stupid of me. But it lasted all weekend. It didn't help that I kept Jivetalk on the whole time and I was out of data coverage area. Totally started draining my battery before I knew it. I would have hated to know what would of happened if I had the OEM battery.

The slim lasts at least 2 days for me. I still charge it everynight just incase I can't make it home to charge. Oh the single life...hehe

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

That happened to me 2 months ago and I HAD the OEM battery in the Pearl. It was a good thing I took another phone with me LOL I ordered the extended slim battery 2 months ago. I ordered the bigger one 2 days after I got my Pearl.
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 04-13-2007 at 01:16 AM.

Einherjer no está en línea Stack level 5

Seven extra batteries !!

gazar no está en línea Stack level 5

I have 3 standard batts, dont want my pearl getting fat.

Gaz.

superdad no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by gazar
    I have 3 standard batts, dont want my pearl getting fat.

Gaz.
    hey how do you charge those batts?

DAT CUBAN DJ no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204D5DD9

nah..**** that big battery..it thickens up the pearl,and the whole point of the pearl is to be nice and tiny.i jsut went on ebay and bought another normal battery with a new battery door,which was 9.00 shipped,so i always have another batt on hand the day that the battery that the pearl came with dies.

gazar no está en línea Stack level 5

Quote Originally Posted by superdad
    hey how do you charge those batts?
    At the moment I just charge them all up in my BB before I travel, but have been looking at the sedio charger cradle with the seperate batt charger.

Gaz.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ LOL I said I had a total of 7 batteries, not seven extras.

bgrainger no está en línea Stack level 2

I would personally not want the thicker battery. The slim extended increases the size of the pearl by 1mm. I would assume that will still allow it to fit in most cases designed for the pearl with the OEM battery. If that is the case that is the one that I would go with. Currently my useage I can get two days out of the OEM battery. I make about 400 minutes of calls a month. I do probably 10 e-mails a day from the pearl and a good bit of web browsing.

If I travled out of my home town quite a bit I would have to have a couple of the slim extended batteries. It is amazing on how you come to rely on this thing being up all the time and ready to go. A dead battery would drive me nuts.

So after all that rambling, I think the real question is how much the added size of the thick extended battery would annoy you. I love the small size of the pearl and would not want that extra bulk. I love being able to slip the thing in my pocket if I do not wnat the nerdy case hanging on my belt.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12