Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

How do you turn off the logs? Only thing I see under options is a ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

walds11 no está en línea Stack level 4

Advertisement

How do you turn off the logs? Only thing I see under options is a box to check to hide events. Not sure if this will actually turn off the logs.

~BLACK ICE~ no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e224ba
    Quote Originally Posted by srl7741
    I was told (as i don't have the Pearl) that if you turn off the loging ALT+LGLG it will speed up the Pearl?
    I use the 7100i and i turned it off to try it and it actually did speed up everything on my phone.
    Again i'm not sure it would help but wanted to throw that out b/c it helped on my 7100i.

So not just clearing the logs but actually turning off the loging all together.
    How would you go about turning off this Log? After I hit Alt+LGLG I hit the menu button and select "HIDE ALL TYPES" ... would this turn the feature off?

I noticed that after I cleared it, the loading time on the pearl was MUCH FASTER!! So, from this I would love to just have it turned off.

Thanks

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Sorry for the delay,

Again i have the 7100i so i'm not sure it's the same but after getting into the alt-lglg menu click the track wheel and select options. Take the check marks out of the event you no long want to log.

I think? i hope?

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    srl, it does work on the pearl.
    i am *assuming* that we really don't need these logs? i cleared mine, but before i uncheck them i wanna make sure that they are absolutely NOT a neccessity...

PIN/ID
    Retired
    I am guessing unless you are testing or needing the logs for dev. purposes you should be ok to turn them off. I'm not should if those on the BES would need them for anything?
    Maybe someone with more BES experience would know if the logs are essential?

They can always be turned back on if need be.

Nicker no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    I have one with rogers, and its hella slow too, i pop out my battery once in a while and wait 2 mins, thats what we do at IBM to resolve most problems

s7umpy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E8A20F
    Having everything loged slows down you pearl. I just selected Hide all types, If you have an issue then turn it back on.

walds11 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Does hiding all types of logs actually turn off the logs or just "hide" them?

Quote Originally Posted by s7umpy
    Having everything loged slows down you pearl. I just selected Hide all types, If you have an issue then turn it back on.

PIN/ID
    Retired

Re: sluggish Performance on Pearl, Anyone Else?

Turning off logging speeds up the phone but i'm not sure if hiding is the same as turning them off?

Bump 4 an better answer.

SICKBOY no está en línea Stack level 2

unless i'm dense alt lg lg does nothin but launch an app on my phone am i doin it wrong

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

are you holding down the bottom left key and tapping l+g+l+g at the same time? it should bring up your log...

rcbjr, do you know about hiding vs unchecking? i unchecked all mine. i haven't had any issues since...this is my personal device so i don't think that i will ever need them. think they may be for someone who is on BES who might want to check back for errors and such...just grasping here

SICKBOY no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo
    are you holding down the bottom left key and tapping l+g+l+g at the same time? it should bring up your log...
    got it......... i hide all..wondering if that is the same as turning off event logs?

rkkeller no está en línea Stack level 3

Dont run Google Gmail and any IM programs if you want to speed the Pearl up and double the battery life.

Also delete any unneeded languages and programs to free up memory. Most programs that you dont use very often you can just save the link and redownload it later when you want.

Get a MicroSD card and store nothing in internal memory only use the card.

rkkeller no está en línea Stack level 3

I forgot to also mention to use ALT LGLG and uncheck everything this stops the log files.

Also disable the content compression and content protection under the General Security section.

Under Settings, advanced, media card turn off encryption and watch how much faster the thumbnail pics show up when you go to view them.

husnain1 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by singlespeed
    Hello Fellow GeeksLike the website. I am an 8700c user, love the device. I originally had a 700wx but returned it due to sluggish performance and choppy video playback. I'm interested in the upcoming 8800 but am now a bit worried after using the new pearl from cingular. I bought my gf the pearl last week and have been experiencing sluggish performance from the device just navigating through the menus. My 8700 is instant in switching menus and never hesitates, while I've found the 8100 to be quite different, especially when trying to open media or make changes to device settings. Has anyone else experienced this? Any possible reasoning behind it? I was readily anticipating the media features on the upcoming 8800 but now I fear if the 8100 is any indication of the cost on the user experience I may be passing.
    I experienced this with my pearl sometimes (t-mobile). No answer as to why

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast