I have a few friends and sometimes we start texting each other and keep at ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

rkkeller no está en línea Stack level 3

Slowdown when doing a lot of texting

Advertisement

I have a few friends and sometimes we start texting each other and keep at it off and on for a couple hours or so.

After a while the Pearl shows down a lot and this happens everytime if I use it long enough. When you try to capatalize a letter and start typing it will work on another letter (ie... instead of Rich, it would do riCh) and I am typing just like I normally do. It will also start to make bad word selections instead of working well like normal.

Only pulling the battery helps. Anyone else seen anything like this ?

glehman85 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    pulling the battery is the only thing i know of to suggest

for the SureType not working proper, go into the custom word list and make sure do delete misspelled words. that should cut down on the "riCh's" and any other misspelled words.

jkrums no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    317CBE4F
    i have seen similar things on my BB when I am SMSing to otherwise and generating a lot of messages. Pulling the battery and rebooting generally cleans things up really nicely for me......

missjayne no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E24640
    i've had the same problem, i thought it was cause overloaded memory or something i deleted a bunch and its help a bit. haven't tried rebooting.

rkkeller no está en línea Stack level 3
    I always have lots of free memory (15-20 usually) but it still happens. Its only when you do LOTS and LOTS of texting usually. I dont think the Pearl is up for hours of constant use.

It could be because of so many messages but if you have the space that should not matter but it seems to.

Tonight I am going to clear everything, LGLG, pull the battery first and then do some texting and see what happens.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    It could be that the RAM is becoming clogged, and doing a lot of memory swapping with the flash memory, therefore slowing down the blackberry.

Just a thought
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles