For some reason, around midnight PST last night, my Pearl developed a weird bug. It ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

poiuytman no está en línea Stack level 1

Simultaneous keypresses not working.

Advertisement

For some reason, around midnight PST last night, my Pearl developed a weird bug. It won't register multiple keys at the same time. So if I try to Alt + Back key for the Application Switcher, it won't work. If I try to unlock my phone by pressing * + green, it won't work (I have to press *, let go completely, then press green). I'm constantly missing letters when typing SMS or email messages because I type fast and I don't always let go of the previous key before pressing the next one. I can't even dial letters correctly in phone number mode, because to get to the second letter on a key you have to hold alt and press the key twice.

The only thing that happened around this time that could somehow possibly trigger this was my billing cycle ending, and my new MyFaves plan starting. But the MyFaves software didn't actually download until 2am, two hours later. Strangely, the problem briefly went away at 3am, for about 20 minutes, then it came back and has been back since.

So far I've tried turning the phone on and off, pulling out the battery, turning Multi-Tap on and off, mashing random keys, and even wiping the handheld (it still persists even after this). I had the Telefonica OS version, .67, so I tried upgrading to Cingular's .88 (no luck) and then downgrading to T-Mobile's .64 (no luck).

I can't find any other instances of this problem occuring, after searching this forum and blackberryforums.com. I'm currently waiting for T-Mobile's customer service to call me back.

Any input?

poiuytman no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Simultaneous keypresses not working.

So I called T-Mobile. They couldn't figure it out, since I had already tried everything they suggested. So they placed an order to have a replacement phone shipped out to me.

Well, just 20 minutes ago, as I'm on the phone with someone, I try to turn the call volume down. The button won't depress -- it's stuck. So I get off the phone and pick at the button using a credit card until it pops back into its original position.

Guess what. My key problem is gone. I guess the software can handle two buttons being pressed, but not three.

I called T-Mobile and told them I fixed the phone. I think they added it to their troubleshooting database. They can't cancel my order but they will waive the fee for the express shipping I requested.