I'm using the simulator to check out the OTA stuff online and to test new ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Myk Dinis no está en línea Stack level 1

Simulator - Downloading programs

Advertisement

I'm using the simulator to check out the OTA stuff online and to test new themes that I've made and I was wondering if there was a way of transferring downloaded items to my actual BB...8100 BTW...

Pretty much I had phantom...upgraded...lost phantom...and I don;t have a data plan ATM...and I would like phantom back...

Any ideas?

myk

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by Myk Dinis
    I'm using the simulator to check out the OTA stuff online and to test new themes that I've made and I was wondering if there was a way of transferring downloaded items to my actual BB...8100 BTW...

Pretty much I had phantom...upgraded...lost phantom...and I don;t have a data plan ATM...and I would like phantom back...

Any ideas?

myk
    Nope, .jad files must be installed directly on the BB. I believe it is possible, if you have all the .cod files that go with the .jad file to create a .alx file and install them from the app loader but you can't just transfer them from an simulator that has them installed.

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr

Myk Dinis no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Simulator - Downloading programs

ok..how about using my computers internet connection through my blackberry...instead of using the bb as a modem go the other way? Is that possible?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: Simulator - Downloading programs

Not that I know of. Without a data plan you are pretty well out of luck for OTA installation items.

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~