Why is my phone toggling between gprs and edge mode right now? It keeps on ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

djxphactor no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23FFB15D

simple question...

Advertisement

Why is my phone toggling between gprs and edge mode right now? It keeps on switching back and forth

DoubleM no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask me

Re: simple question...

My hypothesis is...location? My will switch betweem the two sometime. Usually if there is a lack of coverage such as being in a basement, warehouse, etc.

dasupaman23 no está en línea Stack level 6

^^^ Yep sounds like your phone is bouncing between towers. Do you notice the signal bars dropping when this is happening?

djxphactor no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23FFB15D

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~they kinds stay where they are it just goes from between the two and also the edge does from lower case ro upper case and or it goes to gsm. I was actually tripping out on it because I've never seen I go thru so many frequency or band changes so quickly before. It kinds made the text messages go slow for awhile and even prevented one from sending. I hasn't done it since so I assume there's nohung wrong with it now I guess*shrugs*

Justyn no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    n/a

does it bounce back and forth between edge or EDGE? Do you have a Data Plan? If voice is only enabled then its quite possible your phone's just in an edge coverage area. My Pearl did the same until I got my Data Plan, then now it's either on a steady EDGE or GSM. Only time it bounces back and forth between gprs to GSM to EDGE for me is when I reboot.

If you have a Data Plan already I don't know what to tell you.
    It's not an iPhone addiction, it's insomnia!