what is the SIM PIN2 code for? and what does enabling SIM security even do? ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

jbombs16 no está en línea Stack level 2

Sim PIN2 code?

Advertisement

what is the SIM PIN2 code for? and what does enabling SIM security even do?

I have TMO 8100 ... is there a default password?

also, what is PIN secturity and what does that do? I checked the status and all are disabled except the network (my phone is NOT unlocked)
    if i enable the others, what does that do? will it prompt me to set a password then?

thanks

J
    Last edited by jbombs16; 08-07-2007 at 02:36 AM.

tmrepp no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Re: Sim PIN2 code?

Where is this in the menu? I am looking for something where it will ask me a password upon turning the device on, that's it... That means, unless I do a battery pull, it will not prompt me for a password.

Thanks,
    Travis

pin me if you want, 24076189

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Go to Options>Security Options>General Settings>Password. Change the option to Enabled. It will ask you twice for a password. Then click on Security Timeout. You have the option for the BB to ask for that password every 1, 2, 5, 10, 15, 20, 30 minutes or 1 hour. You can also set the number of times you enter the incorrect password (which will wipe your BB afterwards) from 10 all the way down to 3 tries.

tmrepp no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask me

..I know that, but I don't want it to prompt me all the time.. Only when I turn it on...every other phone I have had has had SIM security and phone security. With the pearl, it seems I have lost all means of protecting the sim card.