Anyone run into this, where you load your sim phone book up, copy all contacts ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

miles_troope no está en línea Stack level 3

Sim contacts don't all copy to Pearl

Advertisement

Anyone run into this, where you load your sim phone book up, copy all contacts to Address Book, and then when it's done and you check, everything has copied apart from a couple of entries?

When you put the sim into another device (not a Pearl) and view the phone book, the missing entries show just fine.

Trying to understand why this might happen.

bbriand no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Sim contacts don't all copy to Pearl

yep had this EXACT thing happen.

I took my sim out of an old phone but forgot to copy my contacts to it first. So when I copied them all over to the Pearl there were only 2 contacts stored on it.

So I slapped the SIM card back into my older phone and copied over 100 contacts to the SIM card. Put the SIM card back in my Pearl and no way would they copy into the Pearl's address book. After an hour or two of frustration and making triplicate contacts on my older phone I figured it out.

The first time I copied my SIM's addresses (with only 2) the Pearl remembered that I had already copied them over. So I had to delete them off the phone and after doing that they copied over flawlessly.

So what I did in a nutshell:
    -Backed up my current address book on the Pearl
    -wiped the address book clean (deleted everything)
    -copied over my SIM's addresses
    -add the backed up contacts again

I don't take any responsibility if you try this but it worked for me. Just remember to backup ANYTHING before you delete something.

Bill

miles_troope no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Sim contacts don't all copy to Pearl

Quote Originally Posted by bbriand
    yep had this EXACT thing happen.

I took my sim out of an old phone but forgot to copy my contacts to it first. So when I copied them all over to the Pearl there were only 2 contacts stored on it.

So I slapped the SIM card back into my older phone and copied over 100 contacts to the SIM card. Put the SIM card back in my Pearl and no way would they copy into the Pearl's address book. After an hour or two of frustration and making triplicate contacts on my older phone I figured it out.

The first time I copied my SIM's addresses (with only 2) the Pearl remembered that I had already copied them over. So I had to delete them off the phone and after doing that they copied over flawlessly.

So what I did in a nutshell:
    -Backed up my current address book on the Pearl
    -wiped the address book clean (deleted everything)
    -copied over my SIM's addresses
    -add the backed up contacts again

I don't take any responsibility if you try this but it worked for me. Just remember to backup ANYTHING before you delete something.

Bill
    Cheers Bill, that helps.