I've reviewed many posts on moving contact numbers from sim to phone and reverse. Question; ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

trigeeked no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Sim card vs phone address book

Advertisement

I've reviewed many posts on moving contact numbers from sim to phone and reverse. Question; when I move one or numerous numbers to sim from the phone do those numbers then reside in both places or when I move form phone to sim is the info then only on the sim card? If number is in both places how can you see that? Thanks

magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27

Re: Sim card vs phone address book

you know what numbers are in what phone book based on which phone book you're selected...if you go into your address book and hit menu you can choose SIM phone book...do so and all the numbers displayed are those in your SIM phone book...hit menu again and there will be an option for moving numbers from the SIM to your phone's address book...to get out of the SIM phone book just hit escape and it will return you to the phone's address book...hope this helps

no if you have it in your address book and copy it to SIM card then it is in both places until you delete it from one of it's locations...
    Last edited by magellan0547; 10-26-2007 at 01:46 PM. Reason: Automerged.

Thanks so much, exactly answers my question--so all my numbers are in the sim and when I transfer it to my new curve then all I need to do is add some e-mail addresses, one by one (only have 20-30 email addresses in my pearl)--or do you think it works better if i just sync my Mac (w Pocket Mac) with the curve. What do you recommend? Will that get me around having to find a windows machine to transfer contact data? Thanks again......ed

magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27

well what Mac do you have...can you run windows boot camp? cause if you can you can just use the DM and back-up your phone completely then just do a swap when you get your curve

are you sure that your #s are in your SIM and not just in the BB?

Thanks--I have an old powerbook, (no windows/boot camp) Yes I checked, all my contacts phone numbers are in sim--think i set the phone to default to sim when I add new contacts.