I have a T-Mobile Pearl. I obtained the unlock code form T-Mobile. I slipped my ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Rudegar no está en línea Stack level 2

SIM card switcharoo

Advertisement

I have a T-Mobile Pearl. I obtained the unlock code form T-Mobile. I slipped my Cingular SIM into the unit. I have full use of voice services. The Cingular SIM is fully data provisioned as I use it in my Treo 680 to access my corporate email on the GOOD Software server. My Pearl told me at first that the data connection was refused. After about 5 minutes, this message went away. However it does not allow me to use internet and I cannot use my internet or BES email. Is this a Cingular issue, phone unit issue, Blackberry enterprise server issue? Thanks for the help. My ultimate goal is to switch and use Cingular for accessing BES and my Treo for the Good server. In other words, switch them.

angeleyes no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2404A818

Re: SIM card switcharoo

i have no idea how to help ya! hopefully someone will respond with an answer soon.

avante no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2405C4B1

Have you tried resending your service books and making sure your TCP settings are correct?

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Rudegar, you'll need to sign up for a Blackberry data plan with Cingular. If you were using data with your Treo, it would have been a seperate type of data plan and won't work with the Blackberry. Here's the link to Cingy's Blackberry data plans for you to take a look at: http://www.cingular.com/cell-phone-s...equestid=61985.

Sorry for the generic response.

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I'm into generic responses as well, however I'll try to help. Could be a couple different things. Have you sent your service books to your pearl again? Also, have you done an enterprise activation? If not, there is no way to get your BES email pushed to your device. You can't just flop in a Sim card and start getting your BES email. If all else fails, do a battery pull, or ask Sublime. I'm sure he has the cryptic answer or some other way to help.
    Good luck and hope this helps!