I just received my Pearl 8220 Flip BlackBerry Yesterday & was Excited to get it ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

michaelp no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Sim Card Issue on Flip 8220 can some 1 Assist

Advertisement

I just received my Pearl 8220 Flip BlackBerry Yesterday & was Excited to get it but I have now run into a Problem - and Hoping some 1 out there can assist - or has heard of this problem - when I insert the Sim card and the Device Boots it says Initialization Failed and then Insert Sim Card - has any 1 seen this, and does any 1 have a pic of the Sim being placed in the Device - there's no Picture to show you how just a small indention on the device which you barely see - the Getting started Guide / TMO Tech Support / TMO Reps In Store had no idea and were not Helpful in rectifying this

if some 1 of us Million Pinstackers - could some 1 post a step bye step guide on insert of the sim in the 8220

I appreciate any Help any 1 can provide on this - i know the phone is New but it's a BlackBery and there never defective out of the Box - so, this is weird i am thinking it must be something else.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelp View Post
    I just received my Pearl 8220 Flip BlackBerry Yesterday & was Excited to get it but I have now run into a Problem - and Hoping some 1 out there can assist - or has heard of this problem - when I insert the Sim card and the Device Boots it says Initialization Failed and then Insert Sim Card - has any 1 seen this,
    Congratulations on your new 8220. I'm on my BlackBerry at the moment so cannot provide pictures, however it's relatively easy to explain. First be sure you have the side of the card with contacts facing down. Then insert either end of the card, as it can only go in one of two ways and if you feel a lot of resistance don't force it, but simply turn it around and insert the opposite end. I have mistakenly inserted a sim the wrong direction and came up with the same error message. So at least we know it's that, and not the phone. I've had over 50 phones and never had a bad sim socket in the phone, so I'm sure you will be fine.

Cheers

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Another thought which just came to mind is if that does not work, call into T-Mobile and ask them to check and see if your sim card was properly activated and provisioned. Sometimes if they get in a hurry in the store, they do not activate your sim properly (I've also had this happen) and it would cause the same problem your having. If you call in they will also test it by calling you back and checking that you got the proper service books sent to the phone. These are what send the icons to the destkop for the various features and functions of your BlackBerry.

Cheers!

michaelp no está en línea Stack level 2
    Thank you Archer - I am provisioned a okay b/c I am moving the Sim from 1 Pearl to the New 8220 Pearl and it works fine in the standard Pearl - I am trying what you said but it still says Failed to Init and also Insert Sim and I tried it every way possible I just don't understand this 1 - never seen any prob like this Before and I am a vet BB user - crazy