I love my pearl, but it seems to make me want to sms txt people ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

wrgaskam no está en línea Stack level 1

Sim Card Full, Store SMS in Memory?

Advertisement

I love my pearl, but it seems to make me want to sms txt people a whole lot more. about once a week i get the "sim card full" message.

this is ok, except i bought a 1gig microSD card that i'm hoping someone has a way to store my sms messages on that instead of my sim.

is there a way to do that? otherwise it seems silly to me that i have up to 1000 sms txts per month, but can only have 50 or so on my pearl until i have to delete them.

also, are the emails that get pushed to my phone (bis) stored on my sim, could that be taking up memory? and since my entire address book is in my blackberry memory, is there a way to delete my numbers off my sim and free up more memory?

thanks, i know, lots of questions.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: Sim Card Full, Store SMS in Memory?

1. Options / SMS / Leave messages on SIM card should be set to No.

2. Emails are store in device memory. Not the SIM.

3. Address book / press trackwheel for menu / select "SIM phone book" / then delete from there.

hope this helps

wrgaskam no está en línea Stack level 1

thanks hayden, i thought it might be the 'eave messages on sim card' command, but that's just such a weird way to word it. and from what i gathered it was talking about when you sync your phone it still leaves the messages on there.

i'm happy thanks for your time

cnitzken no está en línea Stack level 1

me 2. I need help with this.

christiemiller7 no está en línea Stack level 1

how do you view the messages on the sim card? i figured it was through messages then view folder then sms sim card inbox, but it is always empty- and i do have the option set to yes. thanks!

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

You really don't want to save your text to your SIM. It will not hold that many and then you will get the message that it's full all the time. It holds about 30 so it's not really worth saving unless it's a super important text.