Has anyone had any problems with your sim card going in and out? every so ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

shockaholick no está en línea Stack level 3

sim card error?

Advertisement

Has anyone had any problems with your sim card going in and out? every so often on my flip it will say SOS and say sim card error....i usually do a battery pull and its fine. I had the .151 and it was doing it alot....upgraded to the .174 and it still happens just not as often when I had the .151 ....just curious if anyone else is having the same issues?

Thanks-
    Shock

volscian no está en línea Stack level 5
    Is it possible that it's your sim card coming lose? Or maybe something happened to your sim card and you need a new one?
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    If you tried replacing the OS then replace the sim card
    Looking for Wallpapers or Icons for making themes? I can help!

Truth + Clarity = Power

If you are going to take the time to respond... take the time to actually understand that to which you are responding.

lalifeguards no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    CH ME

Same prob..

I had the same prob and only a battery pull helped. It's a hardware problem, by pulling out the battery, you inadvertently move the SIM card so it sits right. but really the battery pull is not what is fixing it - it is the combination of moving the sim and resetting the phone. Sometimes by turning the phone off, moving the sim card back in place and turning the phone back on helps. I'm getting my unit replaced by TMO b/c of this issue.

beav626 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Mine is doing ot too with the SOS for a second or two

Im running .174

Yea. I just got this phone. I work for Tmobile and won the flip. I really like it. Used to have the curve. But this whole sim thing is driving me crazy. I did a Sim swap and everything. I really don't want to have To do an exchange~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Frog37_ no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    21af35bb
    I'm in the same boat as shockaholick. Won a BB Flip in a contest and its constantly giving a sim error and going into SOS mode, I really wanna like the phone, but its annoying as crap.

I also noticed that its not going into EDGE only edge even on wi-fi it will only go into uma instead of UMA. I think its related.

Im gonna go back to my 8120 for now, till I maybe hear if there is a solution.

yea, frog...do you work for tmo? when we had the earn to learn program? thats how I won my flip...i love the phone...i thought i wasn't going to like it bc i'm so used to the full qwerty....i admit, i'm still getting used to typing and looking at pinstack on the flip is a lil hard. Scrolling left to right to read the threads....anyways, i called tech support about the issue we are having and he said reload the software...did that and even upgraded to the .174 from rogers.....idk...the bb rep comes to my store on saturday....i'll tell her to give me a javelin for my troubles..lol...i'll ask her to see if she knows whats up....thanks for all the replies!

RandyC no está en línea Stack level 1
    same thing happens to me on my pearl 8100 and it actually happens quite a lot too

rjs87 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by shockaholick View Post
    Has anyone had any problems with your sim card going in and out? every so often on my flip it will say SOS and say sim card error....i usually do a battery pull and its fine. I had the .151 and it was doing it alot....upgraded to the .174 and it still happens just not as often when I had the .151 ....just curious if anyone else is having the same issues?

Thanks-
    Shock
    i used to have this happen on my 8700 its has to do with the actual hardware of the phone if it keeps happening i would send it back
    **There are 2 types of people in this world: those who use the search bar and those who do not**