Does anyone or has anyone else received this message on their Pearl?...I have to do ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Paiger850419 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2400E01C

sim card error

Advertisement

Does anyone or has anyone else received this message on their Pearl?...I have to do a hard reset every time this happens...its just more of an aggravation and I talked to att for a while but haven't called them back yet to finish and they said they might have to send me new Pearl...that doesn't bother me but anyone have suggestions on what the problem could be?

gazar no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: sim card error

I would check your SIM card is installed proprly.

There has been some problems reported with the SIM card latch coming loose.

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Also if it is in there correctly try the sim in another phone and see if you get the same results. Could just be a bad sim card.

scottriding no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23F316CE

I used to get that message all the time. I finally put layers of scotch tape on the card so it would fit more securely in its slot. I have not gotten the message but one time since then (about 10 months ago).

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by scottriding
    I used to get that message all the time. I finally put layers of scotch tape on the card so it would fit more securely in its slot. I have not gotten the message but one time since then (about 10 months ago).
    Talk about American ingenuity.

drjohnst no está en línea Stack level 1

Guys, i have a blackberry pearl, i just got it in jan of 2007 and it started slowly where i would get this sim card error until i would have to turn my phone off then take out the battery and reboot. then it progressivly got worse where sometimes i would have to turn it off and on about 3 times. i called at&t/cingular help, they had me take out the sim card of course and try it in another phone.. it worked fine of course but with it sporadically having issues.. how did i know for sure that it was the card? they 3rd level help guys said the sim card would either work or it wouldn't so they sent me a new phone.

guess what, i've had my new blackberry pearl now for 2 weeks and i have gotten the sim card error yet again.... 2 times since..... whats up with that.. will call support but i'm not sure they will have any better answers!!
    let me know i may try the tape thingy!!!

TanBucsFan no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    Ask me!

My husband has this error all the time, I think its the sim card though and it just needs to be replaced with a new one because it doesn't happen when my sim card is in his phone.