My Pearl does not seem to like my SIM Card. The SIM Card door does ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

rsidhu881 no está en línea Stack level 1

SIM Card Error

Advertisement

My Pearl does not seem to like my SIM Card. The SIM Card door does not seem to latch very well at all. Sometimes it slips open (even though its behind the battery) and I won't have service until I take my phone out of my pocket and realize what has happened. Other times, I'll barely drop my phone, or toss it on my bed and I get the SIM Card Error. Then I have to take off the skin, take off the battery case, take out the battery, reinsert and wait 3 min for the phone to load.

Has anyone else had this problem with their Pearl? Is my door just defective? Would this be something that T-Mobile would cover under warranty?

I searched the forum but didn't see any other complaints like this.

kaos2k no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: SIM Card Error

i seem to have the same problem but im not sure if mine is beacause of the sim card door. all i know is that all of a sudden i look at my phone and its says sim card error. then i have to turn it off and on for it to have service and sometimes this wont even work then i have to take my battery off to fix it.

lineus no está en línea Stack level 2

Pearl's SIM holder seems to be one of the weakes points... I do not have card holder door at all.. looks like it works.. you may try to put folded piece of paper or second old SIM card on top of your SIM and cover it with battery..

Does anybody know where can I get new SIM card holder door?
    BB Pearl+1GbMicroSD+PalmLD+4GbSD+BT Holux GPS

CingularTech no está en línea Stack level 1

I have the same problem with my pearl. I think its a flaw in the design, the SIM card space seems too big for the SIM. it should be covered by warranty. Didn't try to do warranty yet with mine cause its fine until I drop it, so my fix for this.........try not to drop it!!!

CingularTech no está en línea Stack level 1

I have the same problem with my pearl. I think its a flaw in the design, the SIM card space seems too big for the SIM. it should be covered by warranty. Didn't try to do warranty yet with mine cause its fine until I drop it, so my fix for this.........try not to drop it!!!

superdad no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

same problem here..i put a peice of paper between my sim and the latch. hvnt had the problem ever since
    Last edited by superdad; 04-06-2007 at 08:10 PM.

onelyfe no está en línea Stack level 2

nice
    was having the same problem
    thanks for the tip

kenvibe no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23EF1468

And I thought I was the only one. Its weird, because everytime I just turnred on and off my phone, it worked. Thanks for the great tip!

~via BB wap~

gurpreet no está en línea Stack level 1

theres something known as dual sim card holder..anyone knows whether i can use it on the pearl?

superdad no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

i know of someone who can programme 2 numbers on the same sim card.. they call it cloning or something like that.