So the silver ring came off. the silver ring around the scroll ball. so now ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

gukdoebabdoe no está en línea Stack level 1

silver ring came off

Advertisement

So the silver ring came off. the silver ring around the scroll ball. so now my ball and whatevers with it falls out. are there any replacements for the silver ring?

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: silver ring came off

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I think you just have too buy the whole assembly. Its 60 bucks though at bbrepairshop.com. I don't think anyone sells just the ring. You might want to email them and see if the could.

Good luck
    ~red

Jacisipmac no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e9128a

you could also try to grab a dummy display phone from ebay, thay usually sell for about 5 or 10 bucks, and then youll have an extra battery door, or screen cover or whatever else happens to get dinged up, or fall off, or gets eaten by some domestic animal, or friends small child...

shadow63 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    242949a0

Well i thought the same thing about the dummy phones, but i got two and let me tell ya everything is glued and i mean glued. most of the stuff is plastic and the ring is fake also. Unless you can get ahold of a working display model. But that might be kinda hard to do. I was able to get the keypads off of the two i got and some screws but not much of anything else. But hey what happened to me might not happen to you. I would look for someone that is selling a blackberry for parts. Maybe ebay or like was previously mentioned buying from BBrepairs or some other company that sells the trackball assembly. Hope you can find the piece you need.

Jacisipmac no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e9128a

thanks shadow, i had no idea, i thought they were the same on the outside, with just cardboard inside or something it never occurred to me that they might make them completely useless... thats not nice, you just saved me 15 bucks.

mcm180 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    mcm180

Hehehe yeah me too-

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

shadow63 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    242949a0

No problem. Glad to help out. I just did not want anyone spending the money like i did and getting a big surprise. Oh the little trackball in the dummy phone is a round piece of rubber . That was my experience with the BB dummy phone and I had gotten a Red AT&T and a TMobile and they were both like that. Would have been a cute toy for a child .