Okay, I have a couple silly questions about reading email messages on my brand spanking ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

BRockNYLA no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    240485e9

(Silly?) Question Re: reading messages

Advertisement

Okay, I have a couple silly questions about reading email messages on my brand spanking new White Pearl.

1. Why doesn't the message reader recognize the HTML format of the sender? For instance, the links in a given message show up as the full extended link versus "link" or "click here" in the original. Is there a way for me to change the settings accordingly?

2. Sometimes when a sender uses a "quotation mark" or apostropy i get a bunch of weird symbols instead. really annoying!

3. Lately I havent' been able few ANY attachments in the emails. I figured it is because they are too large, but now I dunno.

Am I doing something wrong? I use GMail primarily. The little GMail app works fine, but I have a frickin Blackberry, so I don't wanna use that lil thingy.

Please lend me a clue.

Thanks
    BRock

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: (Silly?) Question Re: reading messages

Well here is an attempt.

1. The Blackberry messages application, just isn't designed for HTML. It is a Text based email app only. Maybe sometime soon RIM will update it to handle HTML.

2. Sometimes the text translator messes up on the special characters and doesn't translat them properly, or the encoding from the sender is not properly recognized by the BB email decoder and just puts in the encoding string for those characters. I've seen this in all email client I have used at times.

3. Sometimes if the transporting email has HTML links, the attachment will not open. Other than that, I'm not really sure.

I really don't think you are doing anything wrong.

Hope all this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

BRockNYLA no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    240485e9

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Thank you

sinkers no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr

Maybe sometime soon RIM will update it to handle HTML.
    I do hope not, or that could lead to viruses / malware being loaded onto the phone