On the side with the volume controls. The silver frame seems to be slack. I ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

tj2311111 Guest

Sides Of My Pearl

Advertisement

On the side with the volume controls. The silver frame seems to be slack. I can push it in and it creaks (spelling?), the other side doesnt do this. Also the battery cover seems loose. I rub my finger on it to clean out a smudge it tends to loosen. Anyone experience any of this? Any tips on ways to fix this.

pearl-8100 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    245ac9c6

Re: Sides Of My Pearl

My pearl does the samething on the side but I don't know if this is a defect or not

tj2311111 Guest

Yeah it gets kinda annoying. I hate the creeking noise it makes when I press it. It looks flush like the other side yet it seems loose.

squ34k no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23EAD2EE

Yeah, a lot of the Pearls have it. It's a weak spot in the manufacturing. You're not alone.

Mine doesn't have it though.
    Will you be my friend?
    AIM: killaninjamnky
    Y!: isitupsidedown
    MSN: squ34k@gmail.com
    PIN - 23EAD2EE

acrs no está en línea Stack level 2

mine also is loose defintely annoying

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

The battery cover problem has been around for a while, but the side is pretty rear. I dont have none of those lol

squ34k no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23EAD2EE

I've heard of a lot of people who have the side problem. Battery cover thing is easy to fix. Just put a little piece of foam or rubber under the battery cover centered and just below where the camera hole is. It'll stay on like a charm.
    Will you be my friend?
    AIM: killaninjamnky
    Y!: isitupsidedown
    MSN: squ34k@gmail.com
    PIN - 23EAD2EE

astroboy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    252FE5C0

I recently disassembled my pearl. Unfortunately, I didn't come up with a very good picture of the removed sides, but here's a picture showing the four clips on each side that help anchor the clips (shown in red). Having taken a look at them, I would guess that some pressure on the sides would be enough to click them back into place. I definitely know that there is no need to worry that your sides will come off, they are anchored top and bottom by the screws that hold the front and back of the pearl's housing together. There are two tabs on each side piece (shown in green) that insert way into the central portion of the pearl, and are held in place once the screws are inserted.
    This is just a theory, but it could be that the screws on your pearls were tightened before the side pieces were adequately seated. It might be interesting to loosen these screws somewhat and see if it gives the side piece enough play to slide closer to the housing and engage the four little clips.

mrcsbrooks no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    204b1dba

Thanks for the pics astro boy

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

Did u take that pic your self? Looks real pro

astroboy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    252FE5C0

You're welcome, guys. I'm a graphic designer and I was kind of dissapointed with the disassembly instructions out there so I've been trying to make some better ones with callouts and illustrations. To the credit of those who have tried already, though, it's really hard to get good pictures of that interior black plastic.