Today i stopped by T-Mobile store and looked at the new sidekick LX, and i ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

mac14x no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    217a1629

Sidekick LX and pearl..

Advertisement

Today i stopped by T-Mobile store and looked at the new sidekick LX, and i saw that it has a trackball and other interesting thing but i couldn't fully look at it coz my gf wanted to go to Hollister >.< lol So are they alike? well of course they cant coz pearl is a bb lol

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: Sidekick LX and pearl..

They are nothing alike...totally different.

Not very customizable, you have to pay for everything on them, more for the kids than anything else.

fashionrider57 no está en línea Stack level 2

i would get a sidekick just so I have a big screen to text, view media, browse internet, etc on but I'm not into big phones. I like all the capabilities in a tiny phone... which is the pearl.

PIN/ID
    217a1629

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ye same here I'm upset with size lol

Ekzt1nr no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

the lx is one ugly phone...all it has is a big screen...big 'ol phone that looks like a midgets VCR

ktorres1120 no está en línea Stack level 4

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Sidekick LX was rated number one by the Electronic Consumers Agency for 2007. It scored a 97 out of 100 average amongst 10,000 people between the ages of 10 and 15 who rated it. Enough said...
    -------
    Oh and....I got it for my 10 year old daughter for Christmas.
    Last edited by ktorres1120; 12-15-2007 at 01:48 PM. Reason: Automerged.

Stellina no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask

I just recently switched from the Sidekick 3 (predecessor to the LX, I think they're fairly similar... could be wrong) to the Pearl -- I have to say I really love the size of the Pearl. The Sidekick was just too bulky, I couldn't really fit it in a pocket. Plus they don't let you add apps unless you buy them from T-Mobile's catalog on the device... so no freeware apps and a really limited selection. The interface was pretty nice, though. Still glad I switched!

PIN/ID
    217a1629

Before i saw the pearl i wanted to get the sidekick coz it was cheap and i txt alot (as my cheap dad said lol) Than we went to AT&T store and when i saw the pearl i just felt in love with it...

absolved no está en línea Stack level 3

I think the sidekick lx is aiight. I love the customizable lights.
    Sidekick qwerty keyboard, texting package and ease and constant im connection just can't be beat. Coming from a long time sidekick user I actually miss the swivel screen. Brings back memories hehe. I like having the keys covered too and not having to lock my phone and unlock my phone. That's pretty much it. Bb wins everything else.

absolved no está en línea Stack level 3

Well that just shows how long I haven't used a sidekick I forgot you have to lock it but just flip the screen to unlock.

sadie84 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask

my sister wants the new sidekick, but now that i have my pearl i think i'll talk her into getting a BB instead

lildip no está en línea Stack level 2

Hi I'm new to the BB world. I am an old sidekicker. I had sk2 & sk3 sad to say I went through 3 of my sk3 in 1 month. I had a lot of issues from loose screen to buttons not working.
    I must admit I loved the big screen and bundle package. Aside from that it was a horrible headache. My last straw was my kick was freezing for 2 weeks. Customer care tried there best but it needed to go tmobile for the 3 time. I was so angry I was going to cancel my contract until the talked me into the pearl & I love it!!!

tj2311111 Guest

The sidekick to me is the high school/teen sort of phone while the Blackberry is more of a grown up/professional type phone, both in looks and functions. In other words BB>Sidekick. This coming from someone that is 19 and has no interest in a sidekick.
    Last edited by tj2311111; 12-16-2007 at 12:58 PM.