Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I acquired a Pearl about a week ago (roommate had the 8100, and bitched with ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Broo no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: sick of my pearl

Advertisement

I acquired a Pearl about a week ago (roommate had the 8100, and bitched with AT&T enough to get upgraded to an 8800 b/c of dropped calls). Great device, but I can see some short-comings (like no A2DP support or voice memo?). I have connected it to our office BES and I am testing it out until she has to return it (I normally use an 8700c). It is a great phone and I am very impressed with the new line of Blackberry devices.

I also have a Sprint Treo 700p that I use (for personal use) that I would not trade for anything (well, maybe a Nokia N95).

If you are looking to get rid of your pearl, you need to consider what you use your phone for; if you use it mostly for phone calls and emails, then stay with a blackberry device (maybe the upcoming 8830 or 8300). Blackberry devices are the best choice where security and consistency is needed (like in a corporate environment). They are also very reliable (except for that one outage). However, they are lacking on multi-media support (no divx, XViD, FLAC support) and they do not have a lot of third-party applications (at least when compared to the PalmOS or WM devices)

If you want a device with an OS you can install different apps to, then you might consider a Treo or Windows Mobile device.

I use my Treo mostly as a phone and for photo blogging and web browsing- the touch-screen makes a LOT of difference for web browsing. I have also installed several games, slingplayer and VNC -and I love playing my music over my Bluetooth headphones (via Softick Audio Gateway).

TanBucsFan no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    Ask me!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I've used a treo and wasn't that impressed.

crichmond no está en línea Stack level 2

I think I may be holding out for the 8300. I use my phone primarily for calls and internet\email, but I always love finding new apps and the more the better.8300 looks like it might satisfy me for a while but it looks like it might be a while before I can get my hands on one. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by crichmond
    I think I may be holding out for the 8300. I use my phone primarily for calls and internet\email, but I always love finding new apps and the more the better.8300 looks like it might satisfy me for a while but it looks like it might be a while before I can get my hands on one. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I would say to wait and be patient for the 83xx. when you see carriers pulling the previous bb models from thier upgrade options it is a pretty good sign that there is something new on the horizon. out of curiosity (and because i am too lazy to read the entire thread) why exactly are you getting sick of the pearl?

decibel no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

discocred = discovered, i do believe... only cuz i'm dyslexic and that's how i read it.

unless of course, you knew this and the sarcasm was completely lost on me.

crichmond no está en línea Stack level 2

I just know that there are way more options ... In the way of applications for phones like treos. And I havnt found an app I was interested in getting for my pearl in a month or two

via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123