DunkHype no está en línea Stack level 3

Shuffling songs in media player

Advertisement

is it possible?

Mobiman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2071348F

Re: Shuffling songs in media player

Does not look like it does, I cant find the option on my device. Then again I might be mistaken.

GotPearl? no está en línea Stack level 5

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Yes you can shuffle the songs in the media player. Go into your folder that has your music in it and hit menu>play all>then menu then shuffle. I am posting this from the pearl so it might look funny :P

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

If you're looking at the SD card as a drive, music "must" be under BlackBerry\music. However, you can create directories under that, then navigate to that folder and play the folder. Once you're playing more than one song, Shuffle will appear when you hit the Menu button.

You can also use Playlists (.m3u) which are really just text files with pointers to the music files. If you use a playlist, Shuffle is available there. (of course more than one song must be in the playlist!)

You CAN also save music wherever you want, and use a playlist as long as it uses "relative" addressing. For example, you can use Windows Media Player to "synchronize" music to the SD card, but it will go to the folder Music off the root of the drive and can't be redirected to BlackBerry\music (as far as I know anyway!).

However, if you have a playlist (.m3u) in your BlackBerry\music that points to the relative position of the music, it will be played. So, lets say you have this:
    • BlackBerry
      • music
        • playlist.m3u
    • Music
      • song.mp3
    The file playlist.m3u is a simple text file with the line:
    ..\..\Music\song.mp3
    The side benefit of this is that the BlackBerry\music directory comes up a LOT faster than a folder with 300+ files!!!

Last suggestion - get Playlist Creator 3. It is fast, simple, and will create relative playlists very easily. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!
    JerryD

GotPearl? no está en línea Stack level 5

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~or you could use multi play for playlists I find it a great app. I love how the trackball lights up when you play music.

jerbear no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2465a992

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I have noticed a play folder and a play all option but it will still only play songs in that folder, not all the songs.I would like it to shuffle thru all my different folders because I hav them arperstrd by genre. Is there anyway to get pearl to shuffle thru all folders when you listen?

jerbear no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2465a992
    Quote Originally Posted by jerbear
    I have noticed a play folder and a play all option but it will still only play songs in that folder, not all the songs.I would like it to shuffle thru all my different folders because I hav them arperstrd by genre. Is there anyway to get pearl to shuffle thru all folders when you listen?
    I meant I have them seperated by genre! That darn sure type!!!

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

The best way I have found to accomplish this is to create 1 folder labeled all music. yeah it takes up space but when you want to shuffle "all" it works great.
    just my thoughts
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

bikedogrun no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by jerbear
    Actually ... you can do this

Little trick - move any single song into the "root" folder where all of your Genre Folders are. This 1 MP3 can even be a 3 second empty/blank file you've created just for this or really any MP3 you have. Then "play" that song by selecting Play All. Then press "Menu" and then select "Shuffle" ... voila, Shuffle All!

/BD

RemyKirin no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask me

Quote Originally Posted by bikedogrun
    Actually ... you can do this

Little trick - move any single song into the "root" folder where all of your Genre Folders are. This 1 MP3 can even be a 3 second empty/blank file you've created just for this or really any MP3 you have. Then "play" that song by selecting Play All. Then press "Menu" and then select "Shuffle" ... voila, Shuffle All!

/BD
    Ya beat me to the reply by 7 hours, that's the trick I use as well LOL works great!

bikedogrun no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by RemyKirin
    Ya beat me to the reply by 7 hours, that's the trick I use as well LOL works great!
    Well ... this thread is actually more than 6 weeks old, so what's a mere 7 hrs!

/BD