some time ago I posted a little something asking about using Windows Media Player 11 ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Brandxman no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Shuffle MP3 to BB??

Advertisement

some time ago I posted a little something asking about using Windows Media Player 11 to sync music to my BB 8100. Well timing and life being what they are I have just finally gotten around to being able to try it out. BUT I seem to have found a little stumbling block. WMP11 will sync or shuffle music to my BB just fine, but when it does the music is all placed into folders based on artiest and album name (..\artiest name\album name\song name) At first glance seems no problem, but when I fire up BB media player on the BB, the "play options" don't allow for me to play my entire collection, only the currently selected artiest folder. If i want to play random songs from random artiest, I am unable to. It almost acts like the BB player wants ALL of the songs in one folder. Is this true, all songs have to be in one folder? Is there a better method than WMP11 to shuffle songs to the BB? I prefer to shuffle music only because with nearly 30+ gig its very hard to pick only 2gig to take along.

Any suggestions would be great.
    --B

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro
    The BlackBerry will play .M3U Playlists. The trick is creating a playlist that doesn't reference a drive letter - that is a relative playlist.

I use a FREE program called Playlist Creator 3.5 which allows you to create a relative playlist. I let Windows Media Player sync up, then fire up Playlist Creator, point to the BlackBerry\music directory as the location to save the playlist, then drag the files I want into PL3 and hit Create Playlist. I don't know what the default settings for the app are, so make sure you go into Settings --> Playlist Details, and select Relative (e.g. "..\MyMusic\Song23.mp3") from the Saving playlist entries drop down list.

Actually, I usually just play a folder. When you open the Media app on your BlackBerry, Click the Wheel / Menu button and select Explore. Now you can browse to the Music folder (off the root of the SD card where WMP syncs to) and play the folder you want. The Explore option won't show up once you've selected Music from the main Media screen!

ALSO, the Media Player has a quirk that it will only display the Play Folder and Play All options if there's a media file in the folder. If you have only folders under the WMP Music\ folder, the option won't display. If you drop a playlist or MP3 in the music folder, the Play All option will display, and you can play the entire folder and all sub folders.

AND, another shortcoming of the native Media Player is that the Shuffle and Repeat options don't show up until it's actually playing a song, but you can start playing the Music folder, then hit Shuffle to get a random sorting of all the songs under that directory.

Couple of other things. The Explore option is only available from the Main screen in the Media Player app. If you go into Music, it will only look under BlackBerry\music, and the Explore option doesn't exist (OS 4.2.1 anyway!)

The SD card is inaccessible when the BlackBerry is in Mass Storage Mode (connected as a drive to your computer).

Hope this helps!
    JerryD

Brandxman no está en línea Stack level 2
    YES!! thank you much, gonna give it a try as soon as I'm back to my laptop. the tip about having a file in the music\ folder sounds like it will cure all my troubles.

--B