Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Sorry if this has been mentioned before but i think this is a great shortcut ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

[IFC]Area51 no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: shortcuts/ Tips for the BlackBerry Pearl 8100

Advertisement

Sorry if this has been mentioned before but i think this is a great shortcut while on a active phone call.
    (.) a.k.a (OP) key can be press while on active call to toggle between speaker phone and handset.

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

I like the tip about holding down the green key for the address book

I also just found today that while you are typing a message you can enter:
    mynumber and it will auto-enter your phone number,
    mypin will enter your PIN,
    myver will put your OS version number,
    usrid will type out the name you have set up on your BB
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

jjs_austin no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by teleberry
    If you press and hold green call button once you get the list of recent calls, if you HOLD it down it brings up the address book.
    I was aware of that button, but that will only bring up calling options (ie. mobile/work/ etc.). It will not allow me all the options ie. email/sms/etc. like it does from the full address book.

moedog230 no está en línea Stack level 1

All....Great Forum. I have an issue with my BB 8100. My recent call lists only lasts for a couple of minutes. If I try to go back and press the Green phone after a few minutes then there will not be any numbers listed. How can I make this list display all of my phone calls?

MOE

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

moe - welcome to the stacks

this is a common issue with earlier device OS's...ultimately, you should upgrade your OS.

here are some tips/tricks

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...sms_mms_e.html

moedog230 no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks Cherrichiodo!!!!! What a great site....my question answered in under 20 minutes.

Problem solved....I need to buy a memory card. I have no memory left.

thanks again

laz
    laz no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244701B4

Quote Originally Posted by cliffr39
    I like the tip about holding down the green key for the address book

I also just found today that while you are typing a message you can enter:
    mynumber and it will auto-enter your phone number,
    mypin will enter your PIN,
    myver will put your OS version number,
    usrid will type out the name you have set up on your BB
    those are sweet man thx, there should be something out there that gives all these nice little shortcuts hehe

laz
    PIN/ID
    244701B4

ok here is one that I'm not sure if has been brought up yet but am positive everyone needs and wants to know lol When on a phone call and the other person gives you a phone number, there has got to be an easier way to do this cuz for example on my SonyEricsson W810i you could just enter # press end and # would still be there for you to hit send and call the #. ok well apperently in the middle of this post I think I answered my own question so will post for the sake of others anyway lol While in the call you can just hit Menu and select New Call (you will be able to hear person on other end) typ # in hit send then you can navigate thru menu and release other call or join them. I guess this will work although I liked my SE shortcut alot better of course lol

laz
    PIN/ID
    244701B4

Quote Originally Posted by moedog230
    All....Great Forum. I have an issue with my BB 8100. My recent call lists only lasts for a couple of minutes. If I try to go back and press the Green phone after a few minutes then there will not be any numbers listed. How can I make this list display all of my phone calls?

MOE
    hey check the "Default Call Volume" option and see what it says, I keep mine at 100% Hit Call button then Menu, Options, General Options. O while your there change Ringtone Lighting to Trackball hehe

jp111193 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23e96c33

Hi Everyone,

I am new to Pinstack or I have been on and just reading and not posting. But I sent the following email to Blackberry, RIM, Bplay, Plazmic and Magmic also Cingular. I have had ongoing issues with these themes loading ever since the OS upgrade. What is up with that? They certainly worked befor the "patch" now why are they not working. If it is public knowledge that themes are not working because of Plazmic, then why are other vendors allowed to advertise themes to buy which are not compatible. I am sure there is a law against this. Below is my email to these companies.

__________________________________________________ __________________

Hello,

I am a owner of the Blackberry Pearl (8100) I can't say proud yet. It is not everything I thought it would be until I am able to download the themes that I want. There are many of your consumers as myself who cannot just live with the same day to day theme, routine, or screen. It really affects the psyche of individuals in this day and age of technology to be able to take yourself out of the hustle and bustle of this busy life and look down at your phone (which has become a part of our skin) to see disney characters, a serene waterfall, or just maybe Nintendo Mario giving a high five. That is why it is imperative that you come out with a proper and efficient theme builder that will satisfy everyone in this very busy life.

I know that I have paid for many, many different themes that say it is compatible with the Pearl only to find out that it loads but does not work. So we the unsuspecting consumer end up with a phone load of themes that cannot be used, yet our credit cards have been charged. The very strange irony to this predicament is that before we uploaded or installed the "patch" from Blackberry we were able to then all of a sudden it stopped working. Help me to understand this. I realize that Blackberry, Plazmic, Magmic, Bplay and Research in Motion all are in close contact with each other, yet we the consumer is left out of the loop and some of these companies are profitting off of our lack of information and proper content. I really see a lawsuit pending with regards to what I see happening. I feel all are equally responsible including our service providers for the money being funneled out of our pockets.

I truly hope that this disservice does not continue. It is improper, unfair and immoral. On behalf of many consumers please give us some viable answers to these issues.

Jockobasi no está en línea Stack level 2

Thanks....

aprilryan no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    PM me

2 questions:

1. is there a way to insert a smiley in an SMS message? even just the ones which go like this , without having to type using 'symbols' key?

2. is there a way to indicate 2 or more email addresses for a contact? or 2 mobile numbers for that matter?

msuspartans02 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    204d118b

Anyone know a way to get rid of some of the Factory Installed apps on the Pearl? Stuff like the BB Demo Video, Demo Song, and the other Themes that were already on the Pearl when purchased. I think that if it is MY phone, I should be able to delete what I want off of it

Thanks

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by msuspartans02
    Anyone know a way to get rid of some of the Factory Installed apps on the Pearl? Stuff like the BB Demo Video, Demo Song, and the other Themes that were already on the Pearl when purchased. I think that if it is MY phone, I should be able to delete what I want off of it

Thanks
    Application loader on a PC

msuspartans02 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    204d118b

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie_gauge
    Application loader on a PC
    Ya, I tried that, and its not working. Maybe I'm doing it wrong tho, I dunno.
    Thanks tho

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast