Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thanks! Those are nice and short. I'm going to email them to my BB 8100 ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

DeltaQue no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: shortcuts/ Tips for the BlackBerry Pearl 8100

Advertisement

Thanks! Those are nice and short. I'm going to email them to my BB 8100 and save as a doc for quick reference.
    Delta Que

tonyr38663 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20CF2EAF

Quote Originally Posted by jxxxm
    I have 2 newbee questions
    1) Is it possible to create a shortcut for connecting to my bluetooth headset? Currently, I have to select Settings and then Options and then bluetooth and then I select the bluetooth device to connect to. Is there an easier/shorter way?
    2) The address book only shows the names of contact - how can I change it show the name and the number?

Thanks,
    If you have bluetooth songs or ringtones you may have lost your pairing with the headset.

antoniomj no está en línea Stack level 1

IMO we should not post thank yous in the forums. It clutters the thread and we have to scroll and scroll. Maybe we could just have a thank you thread. JK. But yeah thanks and um lets get rid of thank yous.

JohnLa101 no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi there, I'm new to this forum and to blackberry. Anyways, I've been able to install music to my pearl using the software that came with it and are using them as my ringtones. Unfortunetly, whenever I get a call, the ringtone plays for about 4-5 seconds and resets from the beginning. I know its not a file error because I can play the whole file through the pearl media player. Is there a function to extend the length of the ringtone or something else that I can do to fix this?

BTW- My carrier is AT&T and the files are in MP3 format. I have also tried optimizing and not optiming them for best performance during transfer.

Thanks in advance.

walds11 no está en línea Stack level 4

I wish there was a shortcut to refresh the browser.

ndwgolf no está en línea Stack level 2

How can you organize the screen application shortcuts i.e. would like to remove the setup wizard and replace it with the address book?

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    Quote Originally Posted by ndwgolf
    How can you organize the screen application shortcuts i.e. would like to remove the setup wizard and replace it with the address book?
    Well depending on which theme and which carrie your're using. But usually on your main home screen presa your menu and it'll bring up your sub menu presa the menu button again and you have the option of mOving hiding showing selected icon. Hope that helps.

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnLa101
    Hi there, I'm new to this forum and to blackberry. Anyways, I've been able to install music to my pearl using the software that came with it and are using them as my ringtones. Unfortunetly, whenever I get a call, the ringtone plays for about 4-5 seconds and resets from the beginning. I know its not a file error because I can play the whole file through the pearl media player. Is there a function to extend the length of the ringtone or something else that I can do to fix this?

BTW- My carrier is AT&T and the files are in MP3 format. I have also tried optimizing and not optiming them for best performance during transfer.

Thanks in advance.

Its one of two things. Your profile is probably set to vibrate then ring. If so that decreases the amount time the sond will play. The second reason would be depending on the size of the file it can sometimes take a while for it to load and when it does load there's only a couple of seconds of ring time. I would suggest getting a program called audacity to make ringtones out of the songs you like or even going to www.tuneusin.com

Hope that helps.

bonelafide no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23FFECE7

this is nice, i cant wait to use em on my pearl when i get it!

w9ndb no está en línea Stack level 1

Bear with me, I just got my BB Pearl yesterday. I have been on a Treo of one kid or another for the last several years and one thing I really liked was the sms/txt app that broke all messages out as "chat logs". The pearl does this in a similar fashon, but the messages app shows pretty much all messages, both of my email accounts as well as sms, etc.

I found this:
    To view SMS text messages, hold the Alt key and press the question mark ( ? ) key.

This is helpful but I'd really like to find a way to have an app/icon on the home screen that shows sms/mms messages and *not* email. I get so much email and so many txt messages that it becomes a little convoluded looking at all of it. Is there a way to do this? I have been unable thus far to find any way other than the short cut mentioned in this thread.

Thanks for helping a newb, it is appreciated.

nb

kayman no está en línea Stack level 2

you cant create such a icon but they are some themes that do this for you... the Vodafone AU theme does this im sure they are a few others, would love to be able to add this to other themes but as far as i know that cant be done as yet.

w9ndb no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by kayman
    you cant create such a icon but they are some themes that do this for you... the Vodafone AU theme does this im sure they are a few others, would love to be able to add this to other themes but as far as i know that cant be done as yet.
    Interesting, does anyone know of any other themes that do this? As soon as I get some time I may start poking at building some of my own themes (yet another thing to occupy my time). In th emean time I'd really like to give one of the themes that offers this a try.

Thanks for the advice,
    nb

mimakeko no está en línea Stack level 1

I have a BB 8100 originally T-Mobile and now unlocked to work on ATT, does anyone know how to remove T-Mobile splash screen on startup?

mimakeko no está en línea Stack level 1

I have a BB 8100 originally T-Mobile and now unlocked to work on ATT, does anyone know how to remove T-Mobile splash screen on startup? Please

nyydynasty no está en línea Stack level 3

i dont think its possible to remove that at startup.
    www.iamletired.com
    ...come one, come all....

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast