Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

When the BB is locked, w hat is the shortcut key/button to set the BB ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

AkkordEX no está en línea Stack level 2

Shortcut to "Vibrate" profile when locked

Advertisement

When the BB is locked, what is the shortcut key/button to set the BB 8100 profile to vibrate ?
    I think there's a couple ways...please list any of them you know.

I used to be able to hold down the "#" button and it would toggle between "vibrate" and "normal" profile. Now that I upgraded to OS 4.5 (from 4.2), this doesn't work anymore.
    Last edited by AkkordEX; 11-07-2008 at 12:35 AM.

Mr_Carter no está en línea Stack level 5
    Well, I'm able to switch from normal to vibrate back and forth on my BB using the # sign... However I do this when the phone is unlocked.. When I lock my keys it won't work (cause the keys are locked). Did it use to work for you before? ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Carter View Post
    Well, I'm able to switch from normal to vibrate back and forth on my BB using the # sign... However I do this when the phone is unlocked.. When I lock my keys it won't work (cause the keys are locked). Did it use to work for you before? ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Yes, I am 100% sure that I used to be able to use the # key to set the profile to vibrate with OS 4.2. I can't now that I upgraded to 4.5. When locked, the # key simply toggles the CAPS setting now.

lauren25 no está en línea Stack level 5
    Holding # works for me on both 4.2 and 4.5 OS. It doesn't automatically switch to vibrant though. It switches back to last the profile you used.
    ~Lauren

Quote Originally Posted by lauren25 View Post
    Holding # works for me on both 4.2 and 4.5 OS. It doesn't automatically switch to vibrant though. It switches back to last the profile you used.
    If it works on 4.5 too...I think it maybe a keyboard setting or something.
    Can you please check your keyboard settings? You have the BlackBerry 8100 right?

Oh, one more thing...I used to be able to change the profile to vibrate by holding down the mute key (on the top). Now it just goes into standby.

here_miah no está en línea Stack level 3
    there should be no differtiation between settings of the keyboard, holding down pound(#) always switches to VIB(granted that is the last profile you used- this matters A LOT). check out any cell and the # will usually be the key that activates the vibrate... most of them anyhow....
    Tilt is fun with WM 6.1, but not enough to kill the need for my nw iPhone 3Gs!!!

Mr_Carter has the same problem I do.
    Holding down # does in fact switch to vibrate when it's unlocked.
    BUT this does not work when it's locked.

I have OS v4.5.0.55...what do you guys have?
    Last edited by Lavagirl; 11-09-2008 at 05:48 PM.

According to the BlackBerry.com, "To switch between the Default and Vibrate notification profiles, from the Home screen, hold the pound ( # ) key."

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/artic...AL_Public.html

I honestly may just revert back to OS 4.2 cause I can't stand not having the ability to set to vibrate when its locked!!

s4berry no está en línea Stack level 3
    I have 4.2.1.107 and can switch to vib in locked mode by pressing the # key.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Arrow

lauren25, you mentioned holding the "#" key switches to vibrate (or last profile) for you on both OS 4.2 and 4.5.

Can you please let me know which exact OS version you have? 4.5.#.###?

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    I was setting a few Speed dials the other day and notice that the #/Q key was pre-set to vibrate on my Bold
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Lightbulb

So I guess it's just not possible to set the profile to vibrate when it's locked.

I am going back to 4.2...

What OS do you have 4.5. What? I have 4.5.0.55 and it works, what's your complete OS number? ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Arrow

I have OS 4.5.0.55 too.

So when your 8100 is locked (asking for password), holding down "#" sets the profile to vibrate?

No... Mine does not do that while its locked... Then again I never tried that before my upgrade. However, are you able to switch between vibrate and normal pressing the # when your BB is not locked? ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast