I was wondering if any of you guys are having any luck buying the cool ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

levanhieu no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23DF4321

shopblackberry.com problem

Advertisement

I was wondering if any of you guys are having any luck buying the cool ipod like skins for your blackberry pearls?

I have been waiting for weeks now to buy at least the blue skin for my pearl, but it seems like every time it comes to that release date, it becomes immediately "out of stock".

Is there a way to get the skins before they out of stock again?

exciter no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: shopblackberry.com problem

I think perhaps they have not received any yet. The reason I say that is I have been watching the HS-655 Bluetooth Headset for over a month. Every single time the "available" date arrives, they move the date forward another week. Must be on the slow boat from China.

PIN/ID
    23DF4321

OHH! ok. I always thought that everyone bought it immediately. Why can't they just freaking change the date of the release instead of just say that they were out stock for a couple of hours....

Anyways, thanks for the your response.

ericugs no está en línea Stack level 3

Smart business move on their part. As you can see it keeps people checking back periodicalyl!

PIN/ID
    23DF4321

I guess soo.....It seems like an evil move to me. I mean, if they know the real date of release, i am sure that people would come back and check it on that specific date too.

exciter no está en línea Stack level 3

Personally I find it annoying & would rather shop someplace else.

moses2628 no está en línea Stack level 6

I too had that problem, they advertise products, but their release dates are far off in the future. You can try mycellworld.com, thats where a got my blue skin. If not, seidoonline.com has a black rubber skin. Good luck!!!!!

moses2628 no está en línea Stack level 6

Here is a ebay listing for the blackberry pearl holster. This seller is also selling the blackberry skins in all the colors as well. Hope this works out for you.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...8318&rd=1&rd=1

SDU_Eric no está en línea Stack level 3

this might help you

now the question is, after you put the skin on, can you still fit the phone into the OEM swivel case?

Lomaximus no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23DEA9FF

Hey I was actually really frustrated by BlackBerry pushing back the release date and saying they were sold out of the skinz, so I emailed them and got a prompt response. They basically said that they hadn't gotten the cases in from the supplier and that the release date is a best estimate given to them by the supplier.

sanfrancisco no está en línea Stacker

They ought to simply NOT give an availability date. In all my years of online shopping [since 1997] I have NEVER seen a retailer changing the availability date every few days.

I mean, to say each time "will be available on ______" then when that date arrives, change it to a few days later, that's not smart marketing, that's being a bunch of mental slobs.

It instills into any customer a lack of confidence in the retailer, causes frustration, damages one's reputation, and causes potential customers to shop elsewhere.

Like I said, I have never seen any online shop change the availability dates as often as they do. Someone in that organization is an idiot and should be fired. If it's a Company policy/technique then they should rethink their way of doing business.
    Last edited by sanfrancisco; 11-03-2006 at 01:22 AM.

PIN/ID
    23DF4321

Thanks for all of the responses from this thread! I really appreciate it. I am going to check out all of the links suggested.

I also think that what shopblackberry.com is doing is very bad. I mean, if you do not have a specific availability date, then just say so, or dont put it out at all. I mean, once they do get it, then update the site with the products. I mean, i have not bought anything from that website and it seems like I am going to boycott it because it is not very nice to its customers.

The weird thing is that, isnt the website the main website for blackberry stuff? its the official website right?

Update:

I actually checked out all of the links. They are all awesome and I am so going buy more accessories for my blackberry! Thanks you guys.

I did not think of searching on Ebay for the blue skin because I somehow (stupidly) thought that the shopblackberry.com site was the only one who was going to get it because I thought it was official and so, since the availability date kept being pushed back, I figured it would be the only site who got those particular products. Boy, was I wrong, so many other sites have them. Thanks for everyone who helped! You guys were so helpful!

(I know I kinda sound all happy right now - it is because I just finished a very very evil midterm for my social science class and I feel so liberated! Weeee!!!)