Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I am looking for some opinions between these two protective options. I realize they are ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

hanknmorgan no está en línea Stack level 1

Shieldzone Vs. Best Skins Ever

Advertisement

I am looking for some opinions between these two protective options. I realize they are the same material and will essentially work the same way. Mainly I am wondering how well the side protectors work on the shieldzone option and whether or not its worth the price difference for the side protection. If the side covers look really nice, then I suppose it would be good to have them. I just havent come across any detailed closeups of pearls with these on them so it's hard to tell how it will really look. Any thoughts or closeup pictures would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

sanfrancisco no está en línea Stacker

Re: Shieldzone Vs. Best Skins Ever

Quote Originally Posted by hanknmorgan
    I am looking for some opinions between these two protective options. I realize they are the same material and will essentially work the same way. Mainly I am wondering how well the side protectors work on the ShieldZone option and whether or not its worth the price difference for the side protection. If the side covers look really nice, then I suppose it would be good to have them. I just haven't come across any detailed closeups of pearls with these on them so it's hard to tell how it will really look. Any thoughts or closeup pictures would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    I don't think the price difference is worth it. I bought three of the BSE
    for the same price of one ShieldZone.

From everything I have read in all the Forums, there is no difference
    between the two, except that Shieldzone gives you side protection.

But, for me, side protection makes no difference since I now carry my
    Pearl in a protective leather case.

Although I like that both these skins can protect the phone outside of
    the case, once inside the type of case I have, see pic, the only
    protection that I use is the screen portion of the skin.

At times I will be using the phone outside of the case [e.g., when
    wearing a suit, when I will put the phone in a pocket]. On those
    occasions I am glad the entire phone is protected. But I do NOT
    think the lack of skin on the sides is a detriment since the sides
    seem more resilient to damage and showing smudges.

Thanks for the input. I would like to get away with not using a leather case or anything if possible, so I may go with the side protectors for added protection. I actually work for t-mobile, so I am always taking my phone out to demo for customers and what not, so I think a case would be a pain. I do kind of like the look of the leather pocket one that is coming out. I cant tell if it has a belt clip or not though. I like the phone in my pocket, not on my hip, but I do like it in an easy slip out case that clips and holds the phone in my pocket. Thats the setup I used for the razr.

untjoker no está en línea Stack level 3

Not even a choice, best skins ever all the way. Sides are silver/chrome coating/plastic so they are fine unless you play football with it.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

The sides to me seem like they would be more likely to show scratches and chips than the black casing. Is this not true. I just got this thing a week ago so I don't know how its gonna hold up. I so have a couple of tiny nicks in the ceome already so that's what concerns me. I take excellent care of my phones but I got thud one secondhand from a coworker that dropped it in water. I rebuilt it and repsued the lcd screen and its works like new. It already had a few cosmetic blemishes but I want to prevent any further damage.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

The chrome sides seem like they would chip and scratch easier than the black plastic housing. Maybe I'm wrong though. Does anyone have a picture of an 8100 wiyg the side covers on it. I hate to pay that much more for just side covers but I wouldHate even more to have scratches and chips in the chrome side pieces.

The chrome sides seem like they would chip and scratch easier than the black plastic housing. Maybe I'm wrong though. Does anyone have a picture of an 8100 wiyg the side covers on it. I hate to pay that much more for just side covers but I wouldHate even more to have scratches and chips in the chrome side pieces.

One workaround on the BSE not having side skins is to buy two or three of the BSE skins [3 to get free shipping].

You can then cut one of the battery cover skins into strips to make side protection skins.

It's not that difficult to do and you would also still have an extra skin for the display should you want to change it at some point.

With this workaround seems to me that paying $25 for one ShieldZone skin is not worth it to only get side protection.

Last edited by sanfrancisco; 10-26-2006 at 06:29 PM.

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

I got the shieldzone version. This thing is really nice especially the side covers... It's pre-cut, so it doesn't look makeshift. It also has a lifetime warranty, which I don't know if bse does or not... I recomend the shieldzone version...

P.s. -which case is that sanfran?

ddn79 no está en línea Stack level 2

I have the Sheild Zone covers, but only use the battery cover and face cover. Not a single scratch anywhere on the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by I7oobie
    P.s. -which case is that sanfran?
    It's one I got on eBay. I modified it to suit my needs.

I took a sewing ripper and removed the leather flap covering the display. I also used a razor and cut out a clear vinyl piece that was there to protect the display [since I had the BSE skin covering the display, I did not need three layers of protection, including the leather flap].

I liked this case because it was not big and bulky. I can put it into a pocket and it remains small compared to other cases I have seen. I can choose to wear it on a belt if I want, but I rarely do that unless I am roughing it in blue jeans.

Also, if I drop the phone [like I did inside a store one, on to a tiled floor] I prefer to have a case around it rather than an exposed phone with only the BSE skin.

As outfitted, most of the phone is protected by the leather case. True, a fall directly on to the display or keyboard could cause damage, but the odds of that kind of fall are slim [would have to fall on a sharp object at a precise angle].

Note: The case was $26 shipping included [discount on shipping when I bought two cases].

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll..._promot_widget

Thanks again everyone for the help. I guess the cheap set would be my best option ad long as I can cut thbe side panels and have them look ok.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

sharklover no está en línea Stack level 1

I got the shield zone and returned it after 5 days. It was a real bad experience.

tvguru no está en línea Stack level 2

I have a shield zone on every piece of electronics I've bought in the last 2 years. Love it.

Just wanted to update here. I decided to go with the best skins ever pption. $7 is just too good of a deal. If they were closer in price, I would Definately go with the Shieldzone but that's a big difference. Neither solve my other worry of having this slippery little phone fall out of my pocket. I may get one of thuse leather pocket deals as well when they become available. Does anyone know for sure if they have a clip on stem for your belt or pocket? Thanks again for the help.;~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast