Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

BTW, just like some programs are only available OTA, there are other programs that are ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Advertisement

BTW, just like some programs are only available OTA, there are other programs that are only available by downloading a zip file and extracting it (IE: IM+)

mrdeeno no está en línea Stack level 3
    but keep in mind that a lot of the programs rely on data to run, so be sure you are downloading a program that's not going to be using data.

Szadzik no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E23EA8
    Quote Originally Posted by mrdeeno
    but keep in mind that a lot of the programs rely on data to run, so be sure you are downloading a program that's not going to be using data.
    Yeah, I know. I don't need any BB Weather, BB Maps.

Tell me though, how does the PIN application work? Does it require data usage?

If I have a few emails a day and one or two PIN messages a day, will 6MBs be enough? If my 6MB allowance can only be USED for email, will I be charged some extra for sending PIN messages?
    Phone Tales:
    OT MaxDB, CD1, CD5, J5, GD96, ME45, T68i, X6, CX65, A925, E398, MPx200, X6-2, OT715, D600E, W810, M600i BB Pear + Axim x51v

mrdeeno no está en línea Stack level 3
    i'm not sure, but i think PIN messages would count as data usage.

I have no idea how big a PIN message would be in KB. Someone who has used limited data should be able to give an idea what emails/PINs would be with average use in a month. I have an unlimited plan so i have no idea what my usage is.

If you find a program that you want and can't figure out how to download it to yoru laptop, post a thread about it and someone may be able to figure out a link or already ahve it downloaded.

Szadzik no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E23EA8
    Thanks @mrdeeno.

You are very helpful. I wish everyone was as helpful as you are.
    Phone Tales:
    OT MaxDB, CD1, CD5, J5, GD96, ME45, T68i, X6, CX65, A925, E398, MPx200, X6-2, OT715, D600E, W810, M600i BB Pear + Axim x51v

baltee no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    204ef1df
    Quote Originally Posted by Szadzik
    Hi everyone,
    I'm quite new here, and still haven't got my pearl (it's on its way ).Some time ago I read a topic about sharing your PCs internet conection with your Pearl. What I want is to reduce the data transfer cost. My Mobile OP does not have the unlimited data price plan, and I don't want to spend too much money on data transfers. I am just getting some allowance for sending and receiving email, but nothing for surfing the net on my Pearl.
    The question is:

If I connect the Pearl to my laptop, which has an internet connection, will the Pearl be able to use the laptop's interenet connection instead of GPRS/ EDGE?
    Contrary to statements included in this string, this is definately possible. I figured this out quite some time ago on a clients request and both they and I have been enjoying using it. Nothing better than broadband surfing on a blackberry. (It's amazing how fast the 7290 can browse the net) PM me if you would like details on setting it up, or if there's enough request I can place details in this Thread.

Cheers

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88
    Quote Originally Posted by baltee
    Contrary to statements included in this string, this is definately possible. I figured this out quite some time ago on a clients request and both they and I have been enjoying using it. Nothing better than broadband surfing on a blackberry. (It's amazing how fast the 7290 can browse the net) PM me if you would like details on setting it up, or if there's enough request I can place details in this Thread.

Cheers
    I haven't been following this thread, and in all honesty have no idea what's even being talked about (a little buzzed right now) however, if you wouldn't mind, if you have a successful walkthrough, please, by all means, post a walkthrough for us so we can try and update on everyones success!

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Yes, baltee, please post the process you use. There are many that would like this. It might make a lot of things easer for some of our Stackers.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

husnain1 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    I agree, baltee, we want to see the magic, post it up

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12