Ok so I've only seen this request just a couple of times so I figured ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

madetosink no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23FC9D3F

How To: Setup Bluetooth Headphones with BlackBerry Pearl 8100 in 10 Easy Steps!

Advertisement

Ok so I've only seen this request just a couple of times so I figured I would post a little "how to" on how to do it...

~This is to be able to stream music through Bluetooth headphones...it probably won't work for just a regular Bluetooth headset!

Step 1: Enable the Bluetooth on your blackberry pearl.

Step 2: Search for wireless devices. For those who don't know the password is four zeros "0000"

Step 3: After your pearl is connected to your bluetooth headphones...open up your media folder.

Step 4: Select the folder you wish to play or just the file...

~ I doubt this will work with videos but I have not tried.

Step 5: Let the song play and hide the media player.

Step 6: Open your browser and go to local.google.com

~This works best if your google is set up in classic mode!

Step 7: Search for any listing that is going to have a telephone number associated with it. IE "WAL-mart" or "Blockbuster"

~At this point the song should still be playing in the background!

Step 8: Scroll to any number that has been listed in your search. Click the Trackball down and a menu will pop up that says "Call xxx-xxx-xxxx" and click the Trackball down again.

Step 9: Once the call connects the music (as far as I can remember) will stop playing and the phone will ring through your Bluetooth headphones.

<!>DO NOT hit the end button. Hit menu and select end call.<!>

Step 10: After you select end call the music should be channelled into your Bluetooth headphones...now ROCK IT OUT!

PS- I don't know if this will only work for a select few headphones or all! If it doesn't work PM me and I will do the best I can to help!

Feel free to leave feedback or comments...I hope this little piece of how to helps!

Made!

trapdogg no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: How To: Setup Bluetooth Headphones with BlackBerry Pearl 8100 in 10 Easy Steps!

Dollar 5 media player!! If you never heard of it search it it does bluetooth music video and oline radio without having tp trick your blackberry.

PIN/ID
    23FC9D3F

Re: How To: Setup Bluetooth Headphones with BlackBerry Pearl 8100 in 10 Easy Steps!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~this is for just music...I don't know about the whole music video thing and radio bee is free. Don't think radio bee would work but what is the name of the program you're talking about? I'm sure everyone would like to know

mrcsbrooks no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    204b1dba

This does the trick, its because pearls don't come with the profile to handle stereo Bluetooth handsets, no matter which program you use. The pearl 2 will have this feature. Meanwhile this is the best method to listen to music through stereo headphones on the pearl.

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Quote Originally Posted by trapdogg
    Dollar 5 media player!! If you never heard of it search it it does bluetooth music video and oline radio without having tp trick your blackberry.
    Searched it and didn't come up with anything. Can you provide a URL?
    JerryD

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

are you looking for the dollar5 app jdellasala?

If you are here's the link http://www.dollars5.com/plete/blackb...ry-pearl-8100/

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Quote Originally Posted by reddog187
    are you looking for the dollar5 app jdellasala?

If you are here's the link http://www.dollars5.com/plete/blackb...ry-pearl-8100/
    Thanks!

Gotta laugh at this from that page though:
    Also New! Experience the UNLIMITED Trial of mediaPlayer for 1 Week
    I see why I didn't find it - it's DollarS 5.
    Last edited by jdellasala; 09-03-2007 at 07:43 AM.
    JerryD

PIN/ID
    STACK

pretty funny...I really don't care for the app.

ebanga no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24352F80

that sounds like a neat trick, i wonder how the heck you stumbled upon how to fool your Pearl, anyway cool trick but imma wait for the Pearl2
    "Make It Count" R.I.P. Jay D ~ 6-25-05

valerie_189 no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~the pearl 2 will be like a new phone or an update?

PIN/ID
    STACK

Pearl 2 is a totally new redesigned phone. I mean you could say that it is an updated version of the pearl. It's got design fixes and a newer OS.

ev1lle1 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    244cc7ce

Two things I don't like about this trick is..
    1. After the call it ask to go back to browser, choose either yes or no and you lose music in Bluetooth
    2. If you put pearl in case you lose music!

PIN/ID
    23FC9D3F

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~well the only other alternative would be shell out the cash for the new pearl to get A2DP

robl45 no está en línea Stack level 2

I don't understand this thing from dollar 5, I downloaded the multiplay or whatever it is and installed it. it plays the movies on the screen, but when I pick full screen, it says link not valid. It seems they want you to pay, I don't mind paying if it actually works.

adam917 no está en línea Stack level 3

I should've read about this before buying my new Bluetooth headphones. I expected that the 8100 (as almost any media phone nowadays) would have A2DP support. IT DOESN'T. This blows. At least I can still get my money back on the headphones though. Why make a media phone and not put A2DP on it? (And instead putting a non-3.5mm jack on the device?)