I have few addresses and I would love to change the default email from which ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

shira no está en línea Stack level 2

Setting up default Email

Advertisement

I have few addresses and I would love to change the default email from which emails are sent.
    I hope I am clear. Thank you.

RayZ no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: Setting up default Email

try this go to options>advanced options>messaging services. this should give you the address that you want to send from.

thank you, but no. I tried.

When you navigated to message services what exactly showed up? How about using the personal email setup icon? Have you tried that?~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Ray, you know what? Its bizarre, I did what you had told me earlier, and did change the email in Message services. But when I tested it, the previous email showed up. However now I tested it again, and for different recipients, the default changes. as if it knows who is on my "work" contact list who is on the personal. even though the contact list is identical. does it makes sense what I say?

Shira, I'm not sure on the reason how it knows who is who. When you compose an email, you can choose what address you want ot use as default. Just compose the email and at the top where it says "send using.Defaut" click the trackball and then choose change option from the list. There should be all of your email sending addresses listed, you then choose the one you want. I'm not sure if this will change the default for that contact or not but it's worth a try. Let me know if this works for you.