Ok sorry if this gets a little long, but I just figured out how to ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

jason2nails no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31c33731

Thumbs up Setting individual ring tones for calls, txts, bb msg, email

Advertisement

Ok sorry if this gets a little long, but I just figured out how to set my BB 8130 pearl 2 to have not only the calls, but txts to a certain ringtone for a contact. First of all I general only use the loud or vibrate profile on my phone and toggle between the two when needed with the shortcut (hold # key) which you have to hold until the screen says the profile has been changed, and it takes a second longer to turn off vibrate then to turn it on. Anyway if you have a contacts to have a certain ringtone for txts and calls you can.

For example if you want John Doe to use ringer_bbpro_1 then this is what you do;

profiles>advanced>menu select new profile

name the new profile John Doe.

then go back to your active profile (i use loud) hit menu select new exception, name it John Doe also, then scroll down to the From: field and press menu, add name scroll thur your address book to john doe and select it. Then scroll down to the Use Profile: field and change that to the John Doe profile, scroll down and check the box beside Custom Phone Tune then change that to ringer_bbpro_1.

Hope this works for everyone as easily as it did for me. Again I have Alltel and am using Sprint's new 4.3.0.127 OS with platform 3.1.0.73 and the Pearl 2 (8130).

Jason

****Sorry this only works for the call and texts sorry about the title, couldnt change it****
    Last edited by jason2nails; 06-17-2008 at 01:53 PM.

sanzen71 no está en línea Stack level 3
    hhmm thats cool but for me thats too much effort! haha I'll just set a custom tone per address book. But nice tut

PIN/ID
    31c33731
    Setting a ringtone in the address book on the 8130 only sets the ringtone for when that contact calls you, by using this method the ringtone works for calls and texts from that contact....

sanzen71 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by jason2nails View Post
    Setting a ringtone in the address book on the 8130 only sets the ringtone for when that contact calls you, by using this method the ringtone works for calls and texts from that contact....
    Oh i know im not arguing just saying for myself as an employee my bb has too many numbers to do this. haha i would probably be doing day and night haha. This would be perfect for me if i had a couple of people in particular but i have too many names. lol

tom1l21 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by jason2nails View Post
    Ok sorry if this gets a little long, but I just figured out how to set my BB 8130 pearl 2 to have not only the calls, but txts to a certain ringtone for a contact. First of all I general only use the loud or vibrate profile on my phone and toggle between the two when needed with the shortcut (hold # key) which you have to hold until the screen says the profile has been changed, and it takes a second longer to turn off vibrate then to turn it on. Anyway if you have a contacts to have a certain ringtone for txts and calls you can.

For example if you want John Doe to use ringer_bbpro_1 then this is what you do;

profiles>advanced>menu select new profile

name the new profile John Doe.

then go back to your active profile (i use loud) hit menu select new exception, name it John Doe also, then scroll down to the From: field and press menu, add name scroll thur your address book to john doe and select it. Then scroll down to the Use Profile: field and change that to the John Doe profile, scroll down and check the box beside Custom Phone Tune then change that to ringer_bbpro_1.

Hope this works for everyone as easily as it did for me. Again I have Alltel and am using Sprint's new 4.3.0.127 OS with platform 3.1.0.73 and the Pearl 2 (8130).

Jason

****Sorry this only works for the call and texts sorry about the title, couldnt change it****
    the only problem with this is that when you put the phone in vibrate, it will still ring for the contact because of the exceptions.

PIN/ID
    31c33731
    Thats true, the only way around that is by going under advanced setting everytime you want the phone in vibrate and scrolling down to the exceptions and unchecking them, this may seem too much for some people, but I dont mind, because i have the ringer turned on most of the time, and i think its worth the extra time and step to have my text messages setup so i know who is sending messages... Put I didnt realize this until your reply, thanks!!

meopoet no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    244FDD09
    I tried this method but couldn't get it to work, please help!!

PIN/ID
    31c33731
    Not sure if you posted this message before or after I walked you thur the steps on yahoo, but you did get it to work now, correct?

Wobbles6991 no está en línea Stack level 1
    ok i have a question about setting ring tones, i have a friend that has the same 8130 pearl i have him set with a ring tone. but now when he calls because he hid his number it comes up private and his ringtone is different. is there a way that you can set "private" calls to a certain ring tone?? i have been trying to figure this out for a long time.

if anyone can help that would be awesome!
    thanks

PIN/ID
    31c33731
    No you can not, when someone calls you with their number blocked for from their voicemail and it comes up private, that is because their phone is not sending any information to your phone, there for there is no way for the BB to recongize it. Some phones give you the choice when setting ringtones to set a ringtone for calls with no id, but it is not currently an option on the BB. Sorry!!

cowgirlsuzi416 no está en línea Stack level 1
    You were a lot of help.. Thank you so much!!