Ok, so my friend Brett bought a Pearl 8130 off of eBay. The phone came ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

tims4789 no está en línea Stack level 1

Arrow Service Issue

Advertisement

Ok, so my friend Brett bought a Pearl 8130 off of eBay. The phone came with the diagnostic information and everything checks out fine. However, when you turn on the phone it just has an x for service. I checked the Mobile Network Options and it says at the very bottom Verizon Wireless H. Is there a way to get this phone to connect to this network? Nothing seems to be wrong with the phone other then the fact that it wont get service. Thanks.

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    has the esn been registered with the carrier?
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

he changed the esn using verizon's online esn switcher. it just wouldn't get service to activate it. it isn't on a line right now and i'm trying to fix it. is there a way to manually connect to the network?

EDIT: When i run a diagnostic test it tells me No APN List or something like that. I don't know if that helps at all.
    Last edited by tims4789; 11-17-2008 at 08:30 PM.

BLUSLS no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Probably need a sim card installed. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jrgonz454 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24a02eb2
    *22890 send

Lightbulb

It doesn't need a sim because its a CDMA phone (not a world edition either). I can't call *228 because it won't get any service. Is it possible that when he activated it online, the PIN wasn't transferred and that's why it won't get service? Also, is there a way to manually edit the phone's network settings through a hidden programming menu (on LG phones you can type ##PROGRAMxxxx to access the programming menu. x = the model number)?

EDIT: Ok, so I found this menu. The mobile network code is 00 though. Do you know verizon's mobile network code? it is a two digit number.
    Also, There is a MO Voice SO Home, MO Voice SO Roam, MT Voice SO Home, Home SID, and Home NID. Does anyone know what this stuff is either?
    Last edited by tims4789; 11-18-2008 at 09:10 PM.

jrgonz454 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24a02eb2
    When I activate new phones I dont have a no service signal untill i dial then it auto ask to restore radio. If you dont even have that then you have a bunk phone.