So when I updated to Rogers latest os, my browser was gone. How do i ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

mred612 no está en línea Stack level 2

Service Books

Advertisement

So when I updated to Rogers latest os, my browser was gone. How do i resend service books???

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: Service Books

Go to your TMO account and where you set up your email is where you can resend them.

Or you can go to the Set Up Internet Email Icon on your Pearl.

mred612 no está en línea Stack level 2

I've never had to do that before! Thanx!!!!!!!!!!

getmore4life no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2209848B

Or you can go to options, advance options, host routing table. and hit the menu button and hit register now
    Vince
    Pin Me Whenever 2209848B
    California Youth & Government

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Quote Originally Posted by getmore4life
    Or you can go to options, advance options, host routing table. and hit the menu button and hit register now
    Yea I don't think that will get you your service books...I think it just registers you to the network. Basically like saying "Hello look at me, I'm here now". Correct me if I'm wrong.

The service books are kinda like permissions for your phone...they allow you to do email, Instant messaging and all that jazz.

Hope that clarifies things.

~red

tecrishon no está en línea Device Expert
    PIN/ID
    Retired

yeah, i always thought those were two separate things you had to do - register with the network, and send the service books. (?)

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by reddog187
    Yea I don't think that will get you your service books...I think it just registers you to the network. Basically like saying "Hello look at me, I'm here now". Correct me if I'm wrong.

The service books are kinda like permissions for your phone...they allow you to do email, Instant messaging and all that jazz.

Hope that clarifies things.

~red
    You are correct. Host routing table is seperate from the service books but if you have the service books already and they are not corrupted or outdated a reregister will do just fine. All the registration does is attach your pin number of the BB to the SIM # or whatever number the other non sim carriers use.

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

I've deleted all of my Service Books - and then did the register now way... I watched as all of my SB's restored. So not sure if that is just the mobile way to do it, or if that is a different function that just happens to send them also as an added bonus
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Some times a register now will resend service books. Sometimes it doesn't send them all. And sometimes going to the BIS account and sending service book won't even send them and you have to go to Customer service to get them sent. Not often but it does happen.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

xtasyboi_00 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    PM

Yep, best way i guess is to call Customer Service and have them send the service books. Or if you can go online and send service books. Well What i did is i went on

MENU
    SET UP INTERNET EMAIL
    and it gave me the option to send Service books.

Thats with tmobile, im not sure with Rogers.

FroggyStyle no está en línea Stack level 3

Ok So my ? Is this.

Ok so last week my phone was shut off (guess I should have paid the bill lol) anyway. So I paid the bill and they hooked it back up, however. On my BB I still see my email accounts and all of my service book are there, but the accounts are not working.

So I re registered and was going to have the service books resent but, when I go to the account set-up area on my BB it wants info to set up a new account. It thinks I have no accounts set up Does this mean I should erase everything and set them all up all over again ?

Quote Originally Posted by FroggyStyle
    Ok So my ? Is this.

Ok so last week my phone was shut off (guess I should have paid the bill lol) anyway. So I paid the bill and they hooked it back up, however. On my BB I still see my email accounts and all of my service book are there, but the accounts are not working.

So I re registered and was going to have the service books resent but, when I go to the account set-up area on my BB it wants info to set up a new account. It thinks I have no accounts set up Does this mean I should erase everything and set them all up all over again ?
    no it just means that you are not registered with RIM correctly. In Rim's database each pin num is associated with the imei and sim number and then given a subscriber id on the Blackberry Internet Service. If an account is cancelled for non pay or otherwise it sends a message to RIM's BIS that the subscriber id is not active and deactivates the subscriber id. once reactivated on BIS (usually doing a host routing table register will do it) it reactivates the subscriber id on the BIS.

Mobiman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2071348F

Quote Originally Posted by getmore4life
    Im on BES and doing it the above mentioned way always works, is BIS also done this way?

Quote Originally Posted by Mobiman
    Im on BES and doing it the above mentioned way always works, is BIS also done this way?
    yeppers.