Hi Everyone, I am a technical analyst and before anyone says "read other posts" after ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

marvelous1 no está en línea Stack level 1

Seriously Need Help With 8100 error 543

Hi Everyone,

I am a technical analyst and before anyone says "read other posts" after i tell you my problem, i have read and tried just about everything. Long story short: Friends 8100 gets error 543 on screen, tells me to fix it, i try LOTS of stuff listed on this site and keep jumping around from error 102 to 517 to 507 to 543, still no luck, the last thing i tried was:

1) Uninstall and reinstall both the desktop manager and the OS software ( desktop manager version 4.3 and Blackberry V4.2.1 for 8100 Series handheld for my handheld OS ( its a rogers one ) )

2) Load up JL_Cmder and wipe the blackberry ( option 4, option 5 says reset to factory )

3) Take out the battery, plug in the blackberry, load up application loader, select ALLLLLL of the items, make sure both checkboxes are checked off ( to not backup and to erase all settings ) , and go next.

4) I wait until it finishes saying 'erasing all data' and then 'installing os software' or something and THEN when it says 'waiting for device initialization', i plug in the battery. The green bar continues and then starts loading all the files.

5) after this is done it says complete, i leave the phone alone while it goes on and off for like 30 minutse and finally it shows me a big fat 543!!

I dont konw if my battery timing is wrong, or my software versions, or watever, but ANY HELP would be SUPER apprecaited. THANKS in advance guys/girls!

Last edited by marvelous1; 04-08-2008 at 10:14 PM.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PM - Ask
    Well, if doing the JL_Cmder Wipe, and a complete reload of the Device Software doesn't correct the problem, there is a good possibility that the device is shot. When you reinstall the device software, are you making sure that you are not reloading any 3rd Party Software that could be causing this problem.

You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Virex no está en línea Banned for Content theft
    • Note: If you are connecting via a USB HUB then these instructions may not work. Try connecting via USB on a PC that is not using a HUB
    Pre-Install Tasks

1. Disconnect the device from the PC

1. Start a Command Prompt in DOS from the PC
    (Start >> All Programs >> Accessories >> Command Prompt)

2. Change the directory to:
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader

3. Make sure Desktop Manager is not running

4. Connect BlackBerry to the PC

5. Enter the following command in the Command Prompt window:
    loader.exe /nojvm

The Application Loader Wizard window will open

1. Click on Next
    2. You will get a drop down list with the COM ports and one USB port entry
    3. Select the one which says USB:UNKNOWN
    • If you do not see USB:UNKNOWN or USB:BBPIN, then follow instructions listed in a1-a5:
    a1) Disconnect the device from the PC.
    a2) Keep the Application Loader Wizard window open
    a3) Remove the battery and put it back
    a4) While the red led is on, reconnect the device to the PC. The led will only stay on for a few seconds
    a5) When USB:UNKNOWN appears in the drop down list, you need to immediately select Next

5. The loader should now connect to your device and you will be able to reinstall the OS
    Last edited by Virex; 04-09-2008 at 08:45 AM.

marvelous1 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hi RCBJR, im actually not instalilng any 3rd party apps, i even leave BRICKBREAKER unchecked incase and still nothing.

Hey Virex, I will try the loader.exe /nojvm thing tonight and see what happens. Hopefully this will work......nothing makes sense to me anymore.

Thanks guys, keep any suggestions coming!

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    With the statement that the error code keeps jumping around (507 is a no OS error code), I would start leaning more towards a hardware failure in the chipset with the possibility of a memory chip failure.

kingofcellulars no está en línea Stack level 1
    i think this is hadware problem i also have one pearl like this and i tried all the possible solutions wiped my device thousand time and reinstall OS but after finishing installation my device restart several time and then give me same error 543.
    I think it cannot make checksum stage clear may be flash chip is damage or cpu i change flash chip with 8310 but after that phone not seems to take 8100 OS in it now i am searching for 8100 scrap board then i will put its orignal flash chip and then try

xxooxx0307 no está en línea Stack level 2
    the same thing happens to me everytime i reset my sends me to erro 543 screen and ive reloaded the os so many times already