I just got the BB 8110 and am playing with the video on it. I ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

rollins96 no está en línea Stack level 2

Question sending video's on 8110?

Advertisement

I just got the BB 8110 and am playing with the video on it. I sent an email to a friend with a video, it came up in email showing an attachment with video but he couldn't download it or play it. However, he could play it in his yahoo account that the phone is linked to.

Is there a way to send a video that can be opened or downloaded ON and or played once recieved from someone else, the BB Pearl?

thanks in advance!

here_miah no está en línea Stack level 3
    If you are trying to send it to a phone you have to send it via mms, if you are trying to send it to a console/computer the vid may either be too long or you need to upgrade to 4.5 software on your 8110 like I did. There are a lot of versions out there so pick a winner!~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

When you say 4.5 software, you mean on the Pearl itself, not the desktop manager? And if so, to check my current version, is that in option/about? Where and how do I download the newer version if I have to?

thanks.

here_miah no está en línea Stack level 3
    Right here, I found 4.5.0.55 some time ago and did the upgrade using the desktop manager(Dm from now on). Find a tested version of 4.5 that is compatible with your device on your computer, download it and upgrade your 8110 pearl using the dm, things get easier after that, just make sure you delete the vendor.xml file from the 4.5 you download...~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Thanks, I'll check it out.

Is there a list of advantages to upgrading it somewhere?

foucachon no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have sent video and played it no problem on my PC. Do you have quicktime on your pc? Try right click, and "open with" and choose quicktime.