I posted this question on the AT&T forums as well, but I might as well ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

hawkfan1361 no está en línea Stack level 1

Sending/Recieving Texts Multiple Times!

Advertisement

I posted this question on the AT&T forums as well, but I might as well post it here too just in case someone here knows what I'm talking about. I'd call AT&Ts customer service to ask them, but they're not usually very nice or informative.

For quite a while, maybe a month or two, I've been getting some texts twice in a row, sometimes three times. The exact same message, and the person only pushes send once. Everyone I talk to has AT&T, but we all have different phones. Mine is a pearl, one is a curve, my mom has some cheap Nokia, and my sister has an LG vu.

Lately though, like for the last week, I get some messages EIGHT times. It happens the other way, too, people get some of my texts eight times, even though I only push send once. It doesn't happen with every message, but it does with enough frequency to be really annoying. A conversation that should only take three messages each way sometimes winds up being 24 messages each way. Thankfully I have unlimited text, or I'd be really irritated.

And even someone I just started texting two days ago is getting messages multiple times from me, and I'm getting some of his 6 or 8 times.

What is going on? Is it something we're all doing? I think that's unlikely. Does this sound familiar to anyone here? Could it be some strange network glitch at AT&T?

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    I couldn't say it's a problem only with AT&T. I've had a simular problem although not as accute as yours. I'm on sprint and I have a freind on VZW and sometimes I'll end up getting 2 to 5 txt msgs from her for no reason.
    Very odd don't know why but I wanted you to know your not alone other people do experience the same thing.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

hawkfan1361 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hmm... very interesting.

Dansnov1086 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    245FEDBE
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I'm on tmobile. I've seen this issue before, however not 6 or 8 messages. From time to time ill get someones message twice, but never more than 3 times. Its bothersome, I agree. Good luck solving it.

mccx33 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215b70b5
    Wow,I'm with T-mobile also. I experience similiar issues with my texting. I don't recieve the same texts over and over. However, I do send multiple texs (up to 4) to others, all with one push of a button.

I have called T-mobile about the issue but the say its a problem on their end, but idk because its now apparent that they aren't the only carrier with this problem....

Hopefully this will be resolved because people are startin to think I have some "personal problems" sending them multiples of the same text!