Am I wrong in my understanding that this is not possible on a Blackberry? I ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

monilovesedmond no está en línea Stack level 3

Question Sending pics via SMS

Advertisement

Am I wrong in my understanding that this is not possible on a Blackberry?

I do not understand this because I have used my SIM card on other phones and sent pictures via SMS with no problems or charges whatsoever other than my standard messaging charge. I've been searching the forums forever trying to figure this out. I know they have to be sent MMS but I do not have a data plan. I have never had one and never had a problem. Just trying to clarify if I am correct in this understanding.

I read some threads here and on other forums which said it is possible if you send yourself picture messages to set it up. Just wondered if anyone had any experience with this.

Don LuiG no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Because its a whole different message depending on who your carrier is. If you have tmo it usually your text messaging package covers it not sure about att but text message is just text and gsm networks have a different poet that it uses to send a pic message thats why u cant do that

Okay I have ATT. Sorry I forgot to mention that earlier. Does anyone know about ATT? My unlimited text cover it I know because I did it on the last phone I had.

StephenGuy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30636d59
    I have unlimited text and unlimited data plan on ATT and I can not send mms. Why? I don't know, but I would LOVE to know the answer...

Man that sucks. I love texting pics so I'm really disappointed.

StephenGuy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30636d59
    BB messenger or e-mail. But most people don't have BB's or a PC available on a regular basis. We are granted with both =]

TimHassell no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24322A01
    i dont have the problem of sending pic's through mms, the problem i am having is people with altell cant get the pic because they dont have mms on their phone. i have unlimited text and data usage

Don LuiG no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by TimHassell View Post
    i dont have the problem of sending pic's through mms, the problem i am having is people with altell cant get the pic because they dont have mms on their phone. i have unlimited text and data usage
    yeah people with alltel have that problem because my friend couldn't even get my regular textmessages for the longest time

y2kat2003 no está en línea Stack level 1
    From my understanding you can only send pics via MMS and depending on your carrier, you need to make sure they put a specific feature on your phone.

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    You have to send them MMS because of the format. No data needed, just the text ability--it should come packaged in one lump package

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

drew4flt72 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Tmo used to have what is called "Blackberry Enabler" feature on the BB. It was free of charge just last year and continued until recently. It was a feature for the BB only to send MMS messages if you did not have the data plan. No idea why they discontinued that.

seabirdone no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20DE5001
    TMO UK has everything working But mms pics cost Equiv.40c per send..Beter to use email bb msgr or yahoo msg. Its in the data plan.

suprtong no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2498D306
    Quote Originally Posted by drew4flt72 View Post
    Tmo used to have what is called "Blackberry Enabler" feature on the BB. It was free of charge just last year and continued until recently. It was a feature for the BB only to send MMS messages if you did not have the data plan. No idea why they discontinued that.
    last week i was due for an upgrade for my phone so i got a samsung because they were free so i tried it for a couple of days and didnt care for it so i gave it to my daughter and put my sim card back in my pearl and my mms messaging wasnt working only sms so i called up tmobile and the csr i talked to said she could fix it with no problem that it was a free feature still..........and i dont have a data plan just an added texting plan with 400 texts for 4$.............

louisiii no está en línea Stack level 2
    My wife who until just recently worked for ATT wireless says you have a smartphone so you need a data plan to get the MMS. Try Blackberry Connect she says. We use TMO and get MMS with our unlimited texting + that free feature. However, for some reason, not all MMS messages go through, maybe like 30% dont. But when we had the BB plan they all went through.