Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I have tried sending mp3s to my Pearl using my iMac but when I try ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

JohnnyJB04 no está en línea Stack level 2

Sending mp3s to the Pearl

Advertisement

I have tried sending mp3s to my Pearl using my iMac but when I try to send them using bluetooth, I get an error message saying that the device does not have the necessary services.

I have also tried emailing myself an mp3 but when I open the email on my Pearl, the message that comes up says, "Message truncated due to size" and it won't let me view the attachment.

And I have also tried using the "Receive Using Bluetooth" option that is in the Music section of the Media folder but that doesn't work either. I will get a popup on the BB asking where to save the file and for some reason, it only allows me to save in my ringtone folder but when i click save, it ends up saying failed.

Do I need to have a memory card in the Pearl before adding music to it?

dub-d no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    jstaskme

Re: Sending mp3s to the Pearl

depends on... how big is your file according to the space left on your BB... your USB cable does not connect your mac to your BB?
    Dub-D

PIN/ID
    jstaskme

go see into your options to see the space left
    Dub-D

Quote Originally Posted by dub-d
    depends on... how big is your file according to the space left on your BB... your USB cable does not connect your mac to your BB?
    The USB connects to my mac but when I have it connected, there isn't a drive that appears on my desktop showing that my BB is connected. And so I don't know of any other way to send media using my USB cord.

And the file was only 5MB

PIN/ID
    jstaskme

you have to pass by your desktop manager... the blackberry software, it comes with it... the thing is ... I don't know if it's compatible with mac... you can tell, if yes, just start your desktop manager and than click on media manager... that easy you'll have a window like a FTP app you just add your files really easy... if not really sorry can't help
    Dub-D

Quote Originally Posted by dub-d
    you have to pass by your desktop manager... the blackberry software, it comes with it... the thing is ... I don't know if it's compatible with mac... you can tell, if yes, just start your desktop manager and than click on media manager... that easy you'll have a window like a FTP app you just add your files really easy... if not really sorry can't help
    The software isn't compatible with a Mac

sarbin no está en línea Stack level 3

have you looked at the pocketmac software on the bby website?

PIN/ID
    jstaskme

what you can do... if it's not compatible... buy a micro SD plus a reader... but you'll have to take the battery out each and everytime you want to load something... what you need is a Iphone lol :P sorry dude I'm looking for you but I don't see anything... if I find something I'll post it to you... good luck with that
    Dub-D

PIN/ID
    jstaskme

Dub-D

Thanks for all your help and I already have pocketmac and even when I try syncing my calendar and stuff, I get this error message:

[08:07:46.588] Unable to connect to BlackBerry (error 3); skipping.
    [08:07:46.589] BlackBerry: A password is required; please enable this option in the preferences under Connection.

PIN/ID
    jstaskme

the other way I'm thinking of is virtual PC... but I don't know if USB ports will be recognaized... or else search forum in google typing 'mac blackberry sync' wish you good luck
    Dub-D

sarbin no está en línea Stack level 3

maybe something in these articles will help you getting pocketmac...
    http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/searc...etmac&x=10&y=8

mbarlow no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E81EC0

I have no problems connecting my Pearl to my iBook (10.4xx). It shows up as a drive and I just select, drag and drop to the device. I have to select no more than 20 files at a time, but that's more likely a memory issue.

I recently put music on my wife's Razr and I couldn't locate her device on the Mac desktop. I used "about this computer" under the Apple menu and found the device, unchecked "hide device" box and now it shows up just like my Pearl. Good luck.

Founder no está en línea Stack level 3

Jesus... Pearl should show like any other USB memory device.

BUT...
    First U have to go (on Pearl) Options -> Advanced Options -> Media Card
    There U should set:
    Media Card Support: On
    Mass Storage Mode Support: On
    Auto Enable Mass... : Yes

If U enable this (and this is AFAIK only way to see memory card as USB memory) U will have some problems accessing media on memory card (this is normal - according to RIM)
    In space no one can hear you scream.

Samsung GT-I9505 Galaxy S IV (stock Jelly Bean 4.3)
    Samsung GT-I9505 Galaxy S IV (stock KitKat 4.4.2)
    Samsung GT-I9100 Galaxy S II (CM 10.2)

Quote Originally Posted by mbarlow
    I have no problems connecting my Pearl to my iBook (10.4xx). It shows up as a drive and I just select, drag and drop to the device. I have to select no more than 20 files at a time, but that's more likely a memory issue.

I recently put music on my wife's Razr and I couldn't locate her device on the Mac desktop. I used "about this computer" under the Apple menu and found the device, unchecked "hide device" box and now it shows up just like my Pearl. Good luck.

Do you have a SD card inserted to your pearl? I currently do not have one and so maybe that's why it's not showing up on my desktop?

Also, when I went to "about this mac", I didn't see anything that allowed me to uncheck "hide device"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast